How map ALTGR key to act as ALT key?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I have never found much use for the ALTGR key (except as an
alternative way of pressing CTRL and ALT together).

Quite often it would be useful if the ALTGR key was actually an ALT
key.

How can I map the ALTGR to give me the function of ALT?

(I use a UK keyboard.)
1 answer Last reply
More about altgr
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Try KeyTweak
    http://aumha.org/freeware/mfshell.php

    Lars wrote:

    > I have never found much use for the ALTGR key (except as an
    > alternative way of pressing CTRL and ALT together).
    >
    > Quite often it would be useful if the ALTGR key was actually an ALT
    > key.
    >
    > How can I map the ALTGR to give me the function of ALT?
    >
    > (I use a UK keyboard.)

Configuration Hardware Microsoft Customization Windows XP