My first build, with some slight upgrades over time. It's a little older and it has been a while since I looked at PC parts and what they can do today. I got really excited to build a new machine, but then settled down a bit and asked myself: do I really need to spend $900?
I am pretty sure I want to get a better HDD or SSD as my primary. Other than that, can anyone take the time to review my rig and tell me what they think? Is it upgradeable or should I just start from scratch?
Budget: $300ish to upgrade VS $900 new build
Use: everyday email/internet use, music, HULU/Netflix etc streaming, casual gaming (I have a PS3 that is my main gamer ATM), some Fireworks 8 stuff
• Asus IPIBL-LB, Motherboard
• Intel Core 2 Quad processor Q9300
• THERMALTAKE 700W
• Kingston HyperX 4GB Kit 800MHz DDR2 & 2 GB other ram
• 1.0GB Radeon HD 4890 XFX - HD489AZDFC
• Windows 7 Professional 64
• LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
• Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer THX quality sound
• Seagate 320GB SATA - ST3320820AS
• External 2 TB Western Digital