Nvidia GTX 570 help

pengy35

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Hello,
First, I apologize if my questions are stupid, I am a computer noob, building my first gaming computer.
The computer that I am building has two GTX 570 cards. Can they support three monitors, and is it worth investing in a third card?
And totally unrelated to that, can overclocking the cpu hurt the computer?
Thanks a ton :)

Solution
getting the third is totally waste, two are just more than enough. Overclocking will not hurt the computer rather it will increase your pc performance but before starting overclocking you are being alerted to be aware of voltages.
G

what are you doing that has you thinking you would need three cards?
the two cards you have will support two monitors each.

xtreme5

Distinguished
getting the third is totally waste, two are just more than enough. Overclocking will not hurt the computer rather it will increase your pc performance but before starting overclocking you are being alerted to be aware of voltages.

Solution

DM186

Splendid
I agree with both posters. Two GPU's = 1 to 4 monitors. You have some nice cards and they will OC very well for you. If you are into BF3, you will like what you can do with those cards. Good luck to you on your new rig.

DM186

Splendid
Good job. You will still get a a few years out of them and what I mean by a few years is around 4 years. People are still using cards from 4 years ago and they still handle most of the games.

The best time to upgrade is when the games slow way down in the fps. That would be the first sign. So start saving now. By the time it is ready to upgrade you will be far ahead of the game. Good luck.