Should the Arctic Silver 5 be good for my setup?

SO i just upgraded to a i5-3570k(its on the way) and I was wondering if the Arctic Silver i just received today will help with the heat of the cpu, I use a Hyper 212+ with a HAF 912 with 3x120mm in and 1x120mm out and 1x200mm out. I am going to overclock this CPU as far as it will go(heat wise) so im just wondering if the Arctic Silver will be sufficient.
9 answers Last reply
More about should arctic silver good setup
  1. Yes ...
  2. Trust me, you will start having voltage problems LONG before you reach the heat limit. I have a 3570k with a hyper 212 evo and arctic silver 5. 4.3 GHz, and it idles around 25C, 100% burn around 45-50C
  3. Wow yeah I have a 8120 and at 4.7 I get a max of about 63c

Also what do you mean by voltage problems?
  4. It gets difficult to keep the processor stable when you start having to make big voltage adjustments for extreme overclocks (4.8GHz+). It takes a ton of time and effort and testing.
  5. yeah i had to run my cpu under 100% load for 12 hours to know if it was stable... does the thermal paste really matter that much?
  6. Not all that much, no. It can make a difference of a few degrees for sure, but you aren't going to get anything drastic
  7. About time you bought a decent cpu congrats bud and yes it's fine i do not use that kind but it will work.
  8. bigcyco1 said:
    About time you bought a decent cpu congrats bud and yes it's fine i do not use that kind but it will work.

XD yeah i have been having issues with my FPS in games so i decided it was a bottleneck... and yeah im glad to :D upgrading to a z77-Extreme6 and i5-3570k
  9. ChilledGrease said:
    Not all that much, no. It can make a difference of a few degrees for sure, but you aren't going to get anything drastic

ok thanks, do you think the arctic silver will last longer before i have to reapply it?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Arctic Silver