Sign in with
Your question

Suggestion and help for upgrading?

Last response: in CPUs
January 4, 2013 7:31:39 PM

Hi,

Im looking for any recommendation or suggestions to improve my gaming pc's capacity.

CPU: AMD X6 II Phenom 1090T
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3
GPU: ATI HIS Radeon HD 6870
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid Tower
PSU: ATX 800W
RAM: 8GB DDR3 (Dont know which company)
I also dont know what kind of hard drive i have.

I only game and surf the web on this computer. Games that i usually play are the Total War series, Bethesda games (Skyrim, Fallout), Ubisoft games (Far Cry, AC series). I am starting to realize that my rig is going out of date and isnt strong enough to run these games at ease.

If anyone can chime in on this, i would be grateful! As for budget, i dont really know, i just want to get a feel on where i stand atm.

PS-i wasnt sure on which category to post this so i apologize in advance if i mis categorized this post.

More about : suggestion upgrading

a b à CPUs
January 4, 2013 7:37:01 PM

Hi :) 

For gaming, you NEED a much better graphics card...that's about it....

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
January 4, 2013 9:07:11 PM

I was thinking about the GTX 660ti. Will my CPU and motherboard bottleneck?
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
January 4, 2013 9:19:06 PM

YJM said:
I was thinking about the GTX 660ti. Will my CPU and motherboard bottleneck?

Nope they will be fine, personally I prefer AMD though... 7990 6gb like mine or 7970 3gb...

I run mine with 1100T...

m
l
January 4, 2013 11:20:47 PM

I would love to go with a 7990 or even a 7970 but my wallet doesnt really permit me; and so i have found that the 660ti seems to be the best bang for your buck card.

Would i need to OC my motherboard or can i leave it at stock speeds, 3.2ghz, without having the 660ti bottleneck?

And does it permit some sort of problem if i use a AMD cpu and a Nvidia GPU?
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 5, 2013 12:53:13 AM

YJM said:
I would love to go with a 7990 or even a 7970 but my wallet doesnt really permit me; and so i have found that the 660ti seems to be the best bang for your buck card.

Would i need to OC my motherboard or can i leave it at stock speeds, 3.2ghz, without having the 660ti bottleneck?

And does it permit some sort of problem if i use a AMD cpu and a Nvidia GPU?

I never bother to overclock, nor should you need to for games.... and amd cpu is fine with nvidia card and other way round as well..

m
l
!