Sign in with
Your question

Can I mix brands of HomePlug powerline ethernet adapters?

Last response: in Networking
August 22, 2011 5:10:47 PM

I have a WD Livewire powerline ethernet kit installed (two units) and working well. I want to add a third location. Will another brand that is HomePlug protocol work? I can't find a "single" WD unit. Thank you.
September 6, 2011 5:31:16 AM

fsgvpcp said:
I have a WD Livewire powerline ethernet kit installed (two units) and working well. I want to add a third location. Will another brand that is HomePlug protocol work? I can't find a "single" WD unit. Thank you.

Which WD powerline did you have? is the 85Mbps or 200Mbps or 500Mbps one?
If it is the WD-85Mbps powerline adapter, with the protocol homeplug 1.0 so you just can buy the 85Mbps one.
If it is the WD-200Mbps powerline adapter, with the protocol homeplug AV so you need to buy the 200Mbps.

It is rare to find one boz it usually sold by one pair=2 pcs. but nothing is impossible :wahoo: 
m
l
September 8, 2011 2:31:05 PM

nancy0116 said:
Which WD powerline did you have? is the 85Mbps or 200Mbps or 500Mbps one?
If it is the WD-85Mbps powerline adapter, with the protocol homeplug 1.0 so you just can buy the 85Mbps one.
If it is the WD-200Mbps powerline adapter, with the protocol homeplug AV so you need to buy the 200Mbps.

It is rare to find one boz it usually sold by one pair=2 pcs. but nothing is impossible :wahoo: 

Thank you for the reply. I have the 200 mbps model. I have been able to locate other 200 mbps units that are available as "singles." I have been hesitant to try because the cost is a bit much for something that may be unlikely to work. WD says their units are "compatible," but the information is not specific. Anyway, thank you for taking the time to reply to my question.
m
l
Related resources
September 13, 2011 3:27:30 AM

is it cost much? isn't it just about 50usd a pair?
m
l
!