xp - move icons around taskbar

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.misc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Is there a Windows setting or mod that lets you move icons around the
taskbar - for instance if you are running Notepad, Outlook, Explorer,
and Word and you want to drag Word so it appears leftmost on the
taskbar, then Explorer, then Notepad, then Outlook, etc. ?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about move icons taskbar
  1. Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.misc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Hi Mad,

    Try the registry tweak on Kelly's site.
    Save Settings on Exit (Line 54)

    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    http://dts-l.org/

    Mad Scientist Jr wrote:
    > Is there a Windows setting or mod that lets you move
    > icons around the taskbar - for instance if you are
    > running Notepad, Outlook, Explorer, and Word and you want
    > to drag Word so it appears leftmost on the taskbar, then
    > Explorer, then Notepad, then Outlook, etc. ?
    >
    > Thanks
  2. Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.misc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "Mad Scientist Jr" <usenet_daughter@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Is there a Windows setting or mod that lets you move icons around the
    >taskbar - for instance if you are running Notepad, Outlook, Explorer,
    >and Word and you want to drag Word so it appears leftmost on the
    >taskbar, then Explorer, then Notepad, then Outlook, etc. ?

    TaskArrange claims to do exactly that:
    http://users.forthnet.gr/pat/efotinis/programs/taskarrange.html

    I haven't used it myself, so can't comment on it one way or the other.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)

    In news:96hgb1dto3t0smf0csv9apnf3c2es434l5@4ax.com,
    Tim Slattery <Slattery_T@bls.gov> typed:

    > "Mad Scientist Jr" <usenet_daughter@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a Windows setting or mod that lets you move icons
    >> around the
    >> taskbar - for instance if you are running Notepad, Outlook,
    >> Explorer,
    >> and Word and you want to drag Word so it appears leftmost on
    >> the
    >> taskbar, then Explorer, then Notepad, then Outlook, etc. ?
    >
    > TaskArrange claims to do exactly that:
    > http://users.forthnet.gr/pat/efotinis/programs/taskarrange.html
    >
    > I haven't used it myself, so can't comment on it one way or the
    > other.

    I was just going to recommend TaskArrange. I use it and it works
    very well.

    Please reply to the newsgroup
  4. Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.misc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    It works great. Thanks!

    Hopefully MS will allow you to drag task buttons around in future
    versions of Windows

    > >Is there a Windows setting or mod that lets you move icons around the
    > >taskbar - for instance if you are running Notepad, Outlook, Explorer,
    > TaskArrange claims to do exactly that:
    > http://users.forthnet.gr/pat/efotinis/programs/taskarrange.html

Configuration Taskbar Microsoft Icons Windows XP