Could someone give me step by step instructions for setting up my NETGEAR Wireless-N Access Point. I am a novice, sales person told me it was plug and play... no freaking way!! the instructions that come with it will make your head spin then fly off your head in frustration!
3) Now plug your computer directly into the Netgear Access Point
4) In the command prompt window, type ipconfig again
5) Open up your web browser and in the address bar type the IP that was listed as the default gateway for the Netgear AP
6) By default the username and password should just be admin and password
7) On the Basic Settings page, change the first three numbers of the IP address field to match the Default Gateway of the modem, then insert a number from 2 to 254 in the last field.
For example: If the gateway for the modem is 192.168.111.1, set the IP of the Netgear Access Point to 192.168.111.2
8) Set the Default Gateway to the default gateway of the modem (from the example above it would be 192.168.111.1) and the DNS server to be the same.
9) Click Apply
You'd now want to change the password for the wireless. To do this, assuming the options are the same on your Netgear AP, click on WEP/WPA Settings.
10) Choose the security type you want (I'd recommend WPA2-PSK [AES])
11) You should now be able to enter a password in a box below. It should be more than 8 letters long. If you want to make it super secure, use a longer (but easy to remember/type!) password. For example: OurNetworkIsAwesom3
12) Click Apply
Unplug the cable from your computer (leave it connected to the Netgear AP) and plug it in to the modem.
Now see if you can connect to the wireless using the password you set.
If all has gone well you should be able to access the net!