Sign in with
Your question

Does Best Buy Price Match Microcenter?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 4, 2013 10:43:32 PM

Since Microcenter has awesome deals on CPU's, and since the nearest one are states away, I was wondering if my local Best Buy would price match for an i5-3570K ($169.99) or an i7-3770K ($229.99). I was hoping to just print out the webpage and bring it in for them to hopefully price match it. Will it work? Has anyone else tried it before?
January 4, 2013 10:57:29 PM

I seriously doubt it. Best buy are a bunch of jackasses, at least where I live. You could try calling them and asking. Microcenter is the best thing ever to happen to my city. I got a $400 i5/mobo combo for less than $300 for my latest build there.
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 4, 2013 10:59:53 PM

I'm actually planning to go to Micro Center to pick up a Haswell based Core i5 this September, I honestly don't think anyone can beat the prices they have for CPUs!
m
l
Related resources
January 4, 2013 11:04:58 PM

They are a loss-leader. They rope you in by actually selling CPUs at a loss, hoping you'll say "*** it, might as well buy all my other components here as well since it's so convenient." And thus they extract a hefty profit.
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 4, 2013 11:31:28 PM

Yeah, I was actually planning to do just that too xD I mean, I have to take a 50 mile drive down to Long Island.. Might as well grab a motherboard & RAM with this order.
m
l
January 5, 2013 12:31:17 AM

ss202sl said:
Google is such a wonderful tool.

they only price match local competitors - so you might not get your local Best Buy to price match Microcenter unless there's a local one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment-Pricing/Best-Buy-Pr...

I also read the policy, but apparently a member of slickdeals managed to get it price matched even though the nearest Microcenter was 400 miles away.
m
l
January 5, 2013 12:07:38 PM

It is in the system as a price matchable store but the "official" policy is that the store must be within 20 miles away.
m
l
!