Artifacts showing, but only on my secondary monitor.

cenderone

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
Hey everyone, I'm running two GTX 570 HDs in SLI, and running three monitors. Monitor 1 and 3 work just fine, however, monitor two seems to be failing. It is showing red pixels on black parts of the screen, and blue and green on white parts. I don't believe my GPU is overheating or failing simply because two of the three monitors work just fine. What should I do?

Don't bump your posts(it's against the rules). Check all your cables - especially the one going to the center monitor. I would reconnect both ends, and see if this makes a difference. Try moving the cables between monitors and see if the artifact follow the cable.

cenderone

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
Sprry about the bump, didn't know. Anyway, no. Monitors 1 and 2 are on card 1 and 3 is on card two. I think im going to try a new cable at some point . I've also tried moving the cord to a different output on the card, no difference. Could it be the monitor? Or most likely the cable?

try taking the cable off 1 or 3 and using it in the same slot as 2 and see if the problem switches over to the 3rd monitor. if its still on the second monitor, it is either that the specific slot on where cord 2 is is broken, or the monitor is partially broken.

c0skitr

Reputable
Feb 9, 2015
I know this is an old thread but Im posting my solution to this problem as I could not find any on google either. I had the exact issue described and found that my heavy desk was sitting on and crimping the power cord to the monitor causing the problem. I suggest anyone with this issue inspect their power cord and/or swap it out as a troubleshooting step.

I had already tried swapping input cables, gpu drivers, and display ports between my cards.

This was on 2 GTX 550Ti in SLI with 3 monitors.

Hope this helps someone!