Howto restore 6820 data to a 6600?

Last response: in Brands
September 1, 2004 3:16:11 PM

Before selling my 6820 I took a full backup using the Nokia PC
software for this phone, assuming the backup - at least the phone book
part - could be read by the Nokia software for the 6600.

Installing the PC Suite for Nokia 6600 I am asked if I want to install
the SDK - since apparently it is required to read data from other
phones I accepted just to find out the phone and PC couldn't connect
at all with it. Uninstalled, rebooted, installed, this time without
SDK and now at least I can connect.

My old 6820 backups seems useless though, it can't read them.

Arrgh.

Any help for me? I really just want my phone book restored.
Anonymous
September 2, 2004 1:56:18 AM

What I have is this file:
Rene 8-30-2004.nfb

But the 6600 PC suite doesn't seem to recognize .nfb files :(

With the 6820 PC suite I could at least edit my phonebook on the PC
and transfer it to the phone ... that doesn't seem to be an option in
the 6600 PC suite? Am I missing something?

!