Howto restore 6820 data to a 6600?

Before selling my 6820 I took a full backup using the Nokia PC
software for this phone, assuming the backup - at least the phone book
part - could be read by the Nokia software for the 6600.

Installing the PC Suite for Nokia 6600 I am asked if I want to install
the SDK - since apparently it is required to read data from other
phones I accepted just to find out the phone and PC couldn't connect
at all with it. Uninstalled, rebooted, installed, this time without
SDK and now at least I can connect.

My old 6820 backups seems useless though, it can't read them.

Arrgh.

Any help for me? I really just want my phone book restored.
1 answer Last reply
More about howto restore 6820 data 6600

    What I have is this file:
    Rene 8-30-2004.nfb

    But the 6600 PC suite doesn't seem to recognize .nfb files :(

    With the 6820 PC suite I could at least edit my phonebook on the PC
    and transfer it to the phone ... that doesn't seem to be an option in
    the 6600 PC suite? Am I missing something?

    madsere@yahoo.com (Rene Madsen) wrote in message news:<6a22c1a8.0409011016.52ba5da4@posting.google.com>...
    > Before selling my 6820 I took a full backup using the Nokia PC
    > software for this phone, assuming the backup - at least the phone book
    > part - could be read by the Nokia software for the 6600.
    >
    > Installing the PC Suite for Nokia 6600 I am asked if I want to install
    > the SDK - since apparently it is required to read data from other
    > phones I accepted just to find out the phone and PC couldn't connect
    > at all with it. Uninstalled, rebooted, installed, this time without
    > SDK and now at least I can connect.
    >
    > My old 6820 backups seems useless though, it can't read them.
    >
    > Arrgh.
    >
    > Any help for me? I really just want my phone book restored.

Nokia Phones Backup