Change Classic Taskbar Color

June 21, 2005 3:14:02 PM

I have XP set up to Classic version. Would it be possible to change the color
of the taskbar and start button manually?
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 12:38:07 AM

It takes a little trial and error to accomplish:
Right click the desktop
Click Properties > Appearance tab > Advanced button
In the Item dropdown select 3D objects first and change the colors. The colors
should change in the preview window as you change them before accepting their
use. By setting the color for 3D objects the menu color will change to that
color as well, which then you need to change back to the color you wish to have
for the menu.

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }

"Andrew Altamirano" <AndrewAltamirano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:CED8BF23-11E1-471C-817D-AE55CA0754E8@microsoft.com...
>I have XP set up to Classic version. Would it be possible to change the color
> of the taskbar and start button manually?
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 12:38:08 AM

thanks

!