Sign in with
Your question

Guild wars two A10 5800K owners?

Last response: in CPUs
January 5, 2013 12:49:15 AM

Is anyone playing Guild wars two with a 5800 K? How is your performance in S PVP maps? Can you put your settings on low and pull 60 frames per second constantly in spvp?

I'm debating between getting a 5800 K or I 3 3220 I am worried about multitasking and having background programs running while I'm playing Guild wars two because the 3220 is only dual core. But then people say Guild wars two favors Intel over AMD, but I kind of think that's just bull crap.

Here's a link with them comparing side-by-side there are other pages with other performance tests as well, here is specifically for multitasking:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/11/26/intel-core-...

So how is it that the i3 still beats the a 10 5800 K in the multitasking? I thought quad core was supposed to be better. I'm guessing it's because maybe they didn't run enough program side-by-side? Because they said for their tests they only played a HD movie while doing a massive file backup, which is only two programs so I think maybe they didn't tax the processors enough.

a b à CPUs
January 5, 2013 1:31:10 AM

are you getting a graphics card? if not i would get the A10 5800k. it has stronger graphics.
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 5, 2013 8:43:33 AM

toawe said:
Is anyone playing Guild wars two with a 5800 K? How is your performance in S PVP maps? Can you put your settings on low and pull 60 frames per second constantly in spvp?

I'm debating between getting a 5800 K or I 3 3220 I am worried about multitasking and having background programs running while I'm playing Guild wars two because the 3220 is only dual core. But then people say Guild wars two favors Intel over AMD, but I kind of think that's just bull crap.

Here's a link with them comparing side-by-side there are other pages with other performance tests as well, here is specifically for multitasking:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/11/26/intel-core-...

So how is it that the i3 still beats the a 10 5800 K in the multitasking? I thought quad core was supposed to be better. I'm guessing it's because maybe they didn't run enough program side-by-side? Because they said for their tests they only played a HD movie while doing a massive file backup, which is only two programs so I think maybe they didn't tax the processors enough.

The i3 3220 is only 2 cores, BUT it has HT which makes it act like a 4 core in multithreaded apps.

And yes games favor the intel because it is much more efficient.
m
l
Related resources
January 11, 2013 1:35:10 PM

NOT AN EXPERT HERE...

But if you are on a tight budget the A10 will work.

If I could swing it I would go for an I5 and mid range gpu, but I built a system with an A10 5800k at Christmas for my son and he is playing GW2, (as well as Diablo 3, and Borderlands 2 - all at mid-graphics settings) while using spotify, skype and chrome simultaneously for hours at a time with no complaints. And he hasn't even thought about oc'ing it yet.

If you do go with the A10 make sure you get good, high speed memory, the onboard graphics will need the bandwidth, unlike traditional intel builds which dont really benefit from higher speed ram.
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 11, 2013 1:56:07 PM

Without GPU yes go for A10. If you do intend to buy a GPU then the A10 is pointless.
m
l
!