New Build: Need Help Wiring!

Hi! I am currently buiding my first gaming PC, and have been for like, 8 hours, Lol. The first time I got stuck on placing the mobo in the case, then the wiring. Well i got everything done besides the wiring now. I just unplugged all the plugs out of the mobo, besides the SATA Cables. My Fans have the plugs that go into the PSU (Big 4-Pin, sorry forget the name. Im still really new to this stuff.) Then in most videos these plugs are black, but in mine they are colord. They are the ones saying H.D.D LED, Power SW, Reset SW, Pow LED+, and Power LED-. My PSU has Fours 4 pins, two 8 Pins, 1 6 Pins, and 1 24 Pins sticking out of the back of it. Heres my parts list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/eCPe

If anyone could either 1. Make me a picture tutorial on all these parts and wires for wiring.


2. Find a video on wiring that is compatible with my Parts

I may be able to pay up to $20 for it.
20 answers Last reply
More about build wiring
  1. Please help asap!
  2. The 4pin connector is called - molex

    Simple. Read the documentation. If necessary, you can download manual for your motherboard from Gigabyte.
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls

    look through the video and it should explain which wire is which. wires can only fit in one way. dont force anything too hard.
  4. Nic0s411 said:
    Hi! I am currently buiding my first gaming PC, and have been for like, 8 hours, Lol. The first time I got stuck on placing the mobo in the case, then the wiring. Well i got everything done besides the wiring now. I just unplugged all the plugs out of the mobo, besides the SATA Cables. My Fans have the plugs that go into the PSU (Big 4-Pin, sorry forget the name. Im still really new to this stuff.) Then in most videos these plugs are black, but in mine they are colord. They are the ones saying H.D.D LED, Power SW, Reset SW, Pow LED+, and Power LED-. My PSU has Fours 4 pins, two 8 Pins, 1 6 Pins, and 1 24 Pins sticking out of the back of it. Heres my parts list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/eCPe

    If anyone could either 1. Make me a picture tutorial on all these parts and wires for wiring.


    2. Find a video on wiring that is compatible with my Parts

    I may be able to pay up to $20 for it.


    The connections labelled H.D.D LED, Power SW, Reset SW, Pow LED+, and Power LED- connect to the mobo and not to the PSU.

    They are attached at the section ringed in red on the below picture. For specifics as to where they go in that section check out the manual which can be found here.

  5. 16GB 2x8 1333 memory? A case with an included PSU?

    Tom`s August $1000 build.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-a-pc-overclock-benchmark,3276.html

    This system would whoop the ass off of the $1000 you just spent.
  6. Quote:
    16GB 2x8 1333 memory? A case with an included PSU?

    Tom`s August $1000 build.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-a-pc-overclock-benchmark,3276.html

    This system would whoop the ass off of the $1000 you just spent.


    For those that didn't manage to read the question he's looking for help wiring his new build not a critique of it's performance.
  7. OP must be working on computer right now. It`s been an hour and a half - no reply.

    @OP apologies for being critical of your build.


    Enjoy!
  8. To try to make things a bit easier here's the wiring diagram for that section.

  9. mikerockett said:
    To try to make things a bit easier here's the wiring diagram for that section.

    http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss163/mikerockett/wiring.png

    I have got those all in correctly everytime i believe. I tried many different ways too, still nothing.
  10. Can you photograph how you currently have everything wired in so I can see?
  11. mikerockett said:
    Can you photograph how you currently have everything wired in so I can see?

    Sure I will get a few pics for you up in a minute ;D! If you can help me and you figure it out correctly, I will pay you $5 paypal. :d
  12. Thanks for the offer but i don't mind helping out. The quicker the better for the pics though as im only around for about half hour.
  13. Can you double check what mobo you have as the one in the picture is not the same as you listed in the parts picker.
  14. mikerockett said:
    Can you double check what mobo you have as the one in the picture is not the same as you listed in the parts picker.

    It says right on the mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H
  15. Ok thanks, has your webcam reversed the image as the board and PC in general look mirrored?
  16. Cant see very well from the picture but do you have the 4 pin ATX 12v connected near the blue heat sink?
  17. From what i can see it looks like the cable is lying on it but not attached.
  18. mikerockett said:
    From what i can see it looks like the cable is lying on it but not attached.

    Nope. All atached D;
  19. mikerockett said:
    From what i can see it looks like the cable is lying on it but not attached.

    Do you have skype? Maybe I can video chat you and you can tell me what to do while im building it?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build New Build Systems