Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Format problems

Last response: in Windows 7
February 7, 2012 8:17:51 PM

Hello,
I just formatted my entire laptop (Samsung RV511) due to a bug that was in the system my antivirus could not detect or the help of system restore would not get rid of either. My previous 2 laptops came with recovery discs but the samsung had only come with the windows 7. I had installed Windows 7 and after doing so, checked everything out. I realized that Samsung has many specific programs and drivers that come with their computers and in the process of formatting, I had deleted everything. My computer is unable to connect to the Internet and I can't even change the brightness of the screen anymore. If anyone could help me with this problem as well as finding a way to reformat without running into this problem again would be greatly appreciated!

-JK

More about : format problems

a b $ Windows 7
February 7, 2012 8:27:53 PM

Unless you deleted that partition also. :( 
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 7, 2012 8:28:28 PM

danny2000 said:
Did you try the Recovery partition from Samsung?
Pressing F4 when the laptop is just starting to turn on should give you into the recovery option on this laptop:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/NP-RV5...

Hi :) 

If he totally formatted it that Recovery partition is history... :( 

All the best Brett :) 
February 7, 2012 8:32:00 PM

I saw a recovery partition when I was trying to format but I didn't do anything to it. Do I still have hope?
a b $ Windows 7
February 7, 2012 9:06:35 PM

Yes if its still there you can use it...

a b $ Windows 7
February 7, 2012 9:21:32 PM

Are those drivers and apps not on the samsung website?
February 7, 2012 9:39:29 PM

Ok, bad news >.< I guess the recovery partition disappeared after windows was installed. I'm unsure of where to find drivers on the Samsung website. Is there possibly a cd or something I can buy with all the drivers on there?
a b $ Windows 7
February 7, 2012 11:18:11 PM

Brett928S2 said:

If he totally formatted it that Recovery partition is history... :( 

I've learned never to assume that one did something; It is ALWAYS best to check than rushing to take action.

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
February 7, 2012 11:19:48 PM

Ec1ips3s said:
Ok, bad news >.< I guess the recovery partition disappeared after windows was installed. I'm unsure of where to find drivers on the Samsung website. Is there possibly a cd or something I can buy with all the drivers on there?

Are you sure? What happens when you press F4 key right after you press the power button?
February 8, 2012 2:06:21 AM

Yay! My computer is fully functional. Thanks so much Danny2000 for that solution and to everyone else that gave a reply, I really appreciated it.
a b $ Windows 7
February 8, 2012 2:13:07 AM

Ec1ips3s said:
Yay! My computer is fully functional. Thanks so much Danny2000 for that solution and to everyone else that gave a reply, I really appreciated it.

Glad to hear that your are in the clear now and running Ec1ips3s!!!!

If you would select "select as best answer" next to my post, it will close the case. Thank you and enjoy :) 
February 8, 2012 10:48:22 AM

Best answer selected by Ec1ips3s.
a b $ Windows 7
February 26, 2012 5:15:41 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!