Sign in with
Your question

New build with already purchased items

Last response: in Systems
August 21, 2012 3:40:29 PM

I started with the idea of upgrading my existing system...but I realize with the video card that I bought, I need to make a new system to make use of it properly. And its about time...

I am looking to build my first system. I play some games, but I need also some video capability. I also need as many Usbs as possible in 2.0 and 3.0.

with this in mind, I have already purchased the following.

- Gigabyte oc Geforce GX 670
- Samsung ssd 256 for desktop
- 3 tb seagate hard drive.

chip: i3770k is what I will buy

Motherboard:
I am looking at the asus p8z77 deluxe as a motherboard due to the availability of lots of usb? and good reviews?

Video:
I run 2 monitors which I hope to will be with the GX 670. but I also need to run a separate cable (HDMI) to my tv to use as a standalone option. So Im not sure if I require another video card or the motherboard has a built in video on it?

I know that I will not overclock mad unless there is a button on a software that tells me to...just not enough time to play around. I prefer a stable system.

The rest I can figure out I hope through the forums (case, fans, ram etc)...

Am I heading the right way here?

I have filled out below the various....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Approximate Purchase Date: asap

Budget Range: none

System Usage from Most to Least Important: watching movies, gaming, surfing the internet,

Are you buying a monitor: I have 2 samsung syncmaster P2450

Parts to Upgrade: all the system

Do you need to buy OS: No,win 7 64-bit Pro

Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon

Parts Preferences: No Preferance

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week (the closer the better)

Budget Range: (e.g.: 300-400) Before / After Rebates; Before / After Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Movies, Photography, gaming, surfing the internet

More about : build purchased items

August 21, 2012 3:59:01 PM

If ya thinging of spnding for the Deluxe, consider the WS which gives ya more GFX options (up to 4 cards) and x16 x16 with tw0....tho it might be quite soem time before before GFX cards cabn take advantage of thet bandwidth. With older platforms, x16 x16 helped with minimum frame rates in some games..... not an issue yet w/ current PCI-E GFX tho. Then again, you go the other way if the Sabertooth (5 yr warranty) meets ya needs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...|13-131-821^13-131-821-TS%2C13-131-822^13-131-822-TS%2C13-131-818^13-131-818-TS

For your usages, the hyperthreading of the 3770k is not doing anything for you. The 3570k will save ya money and do just as well in those uses ...... if video editing, joins the list, then keep the 3770k.
m
l
August 31, 2012 12:49:21 AM

Hey guys, thank you so so so much for your reply and assistance. So with regards to the questions/ suggestions:

Monitors:
the dual monitor use will only be used in non gaming situations. For all my side by side browsing spreadsheets etc.
gaming will be on one monitor.
Lcd connection via hdmi would hoefully to play a movie or project one of the monitors on the lcd independently of the monitors.

Motherboard:
I think the gygabyte sounds good especially if it has enough usbs and hdmi out

RAM: i would like to go with twin 8 gb memory for total of 16 gb. But i am not sure what speed and what brand. 1600? 2133? G.skillz? Corsair? Its all so close but yet so confusing as to what works best with the motherboard.

Power supply: following your advice i am looking at either the CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 or the CorThe Corsair AX750 power supply..is that enough/ too much power supply? Am i looking at the right brand?

Thats it for now....thank you again everyone

Rudy
m
l
Related resources
August 31, 2012 1:18:54 AM

1: for the motherboard, id get a gigabyte z7x-ud5h if you need lots of IO connectivity. you could get a WS board if you think you need that much connectivity
2:looking for memory? here you go
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

as for the power supply, if you are going to do some SLI in the future, id get a xfx xxx 750w. better than the corsair tx series and its about the same price. i have one myself and its great. made by seasonic and is modular as well. find it at us.ncix.com
m
l
September 7, 2012 3:46:50 AM

TheBigTroll said:
1: for the motherboard, id get a gigabyte z7x-ud5h if you need lots of IO connectivity. you could get a WS board if you think you need that much connectivity
2:looking for memory? here you go
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

as for the power supply, if you are going to do some SLI in the future, id get a xfx xxx 750w. better than the corsair tx series and its about the same price. i have one myself and its great. made by seasonic and is modular as well. find it at us.ncix.com

Ok Thank you very much for that
m
l
!