DRUID QUESTION!!

Hey everyone. im a level 26 druid. i was just wondering if anyone really
likes being a druid? i dont know if im gonna be any good when i get to be
higher level. as far as pvp or pve goes.. can any druids let me know is it
worth the grinde to get higher? let me know thanks!!
15 answers Last reply
More about druid question

    Stinger wrote:
    > Hey everyone. im a level 26 druid. i was just wondering if anyone really
    > likes being a druid? i dont know if im gonna be any good when i get to be
    > higher level. as far as pvp or pve goes.. can any druids let me know is it
    > worth the grinde to get higher? let me know thanks!!

    I have a 32nd level druid and I enjoy it tremendously - maybe
    not my favorite class (that would be mage), but druids have
    tremendous versatility. The biggest way you can get into
    trouble and not have fun as a druid is if you try to play
    the character as though it's something it's not. But that's
    kind of hard in itself because of all the things you CAN do
    (primary healer, tank in bear form, stealth in cat form,
    moonfire ranged blaster, etc). About the only thing you
    don't do as a druid is AoE, but you're going to be there
    standing up and fighting long after the AoE-crazy mage has
    been squished into an interesting looking stain on the floor.

    My experience is that the thing that spoils my enjoyment of
    ANY class is having party members who are idiots, but get
    yourself in just about any good group and you're going to
    be able to be a key contributor somehow.

    --
    Nathan Engle Computer Support, IUB Psych Dept
    nengle@indiana.edu http://mypage.iu.edu/~nengle

    what does AoE mean?
    ima noob :)

    Stinger wrote:
    > what does AoE mean?
    > ima noob :)

    "Area of Effect" damage.

    I've been able to get around this limitation for my druid to
    some extent by feeding him EZ-throw dynamite from my main
    who's an engineer, but even without it the druid is a great
    class.

    --

    In <y_tKe.2590$Gx1.2069@fe11.lga> "Stinger" <dwa14@yahoo.com> writes:

    > what does AoE mean?

    Area of Effect. Spells that hit all monsters in a given area. Like
    a mage's Arcane Explosion, or a warlock's Rain of Fire.

    --
    John Gordon "It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
    gordon@panix.com

    i thought that is what it ment... oh well. Thanks!

    Stinger skrev i en meddelelse
    > Hey everyone. im a level 26 druid. i was just wondering if anyone really
    > likes being a druid? i dont know if im gonna be any good when i get to be
    > higher level. as far as pvp or pve goes.. can any druids let me know is it
    > worth the grinde to get higher? let me know thanks!!

    I have a lvl 57 druid.....i think it's fun to play with it.
    Just keep on fighting:c)
    Regards

    Ding-Dong

    "Stinger" <joe@libertydatasystems.com> wrote in message
    > Hey everyone. im a level 26 druid. i was just wondering if anyone really
    > likes being a druid? i dont know if im gonna be any good when i get to be
    > higher level. as far as pvp or pve goes.. can any druids let me know is it
    > worth the grinde to get higher? let me know thanks!!

    Each to their own.

    Personally of all few chars I've taken above 30, the Druid is my least
    favourite as I find it terminally boring (i can take the damage for hours
    with Omen Of Clarity/free heals) and surviving isn't a problem but the
    amount of damage it puts out is pretty dire IMO and makes most fights pretty
    lengthy in caster or bear form (cat form does a bit better but then has more
    DT between fights). Or perhaps my view is jaded because every single 60
    Druid player i know ends up as a healer and I already have one of those.

    Anyway, back to my orginal point, keep playing it until you've decided
    whether you like it or not - obviously if you enjoy it then keep playing it!

    --
    Arathor[EU]
    Taipan [60] NE Hunter | Gaijin [60] Human Priest

    Al'Akir[EU]
    Teepee[21] Tauren Shaman

    In article <dddo3t$10t$1@rainier.uits.indiana.edu>,
    Nathan Engle <nengle@indiana.edu> wrote:
    > Stinger wrote:
    > > Hey everyone. im a level 26 druid. i was just wondering if anyone really
    > > likes being a druid? i dont know if im gonna be any good when i get to be
    > > higher level. as far as pvp or pve goes.. can any druids let me know is it
    > > worth the grinde to get higher? let me know thanks!!

    > I have a 32nd level druid and I enjoy it tremendously

    49 here, and loving it. Very versatile, lots to do. Not a good min-max
    class, if that's important to you -- more "pretty good at lots of
    things", rather than "super-twinked in one specific area."

    --
    Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
    Also (rarely):

    In article
    <Nabuu-1EA4E2.10230021082005@newssvr14-ext.news.prodigy.com>,
    Nabuu <Nabuu@*YOUR-PANTS*ManyFriends.com> wrote:

    > In article <dddo3t$10t$1@rainier.uits.indiana.edu>,
    > Nathan Engle <nengle@indiana.edu> wrote:
    > > Stinger wrote:
    > > > Hey everyone. im a level 26 druid. i was just wondering if anyone really
    > > > likes being a druid? i dont know if im gonna be any good when i get to be
    > > > higher level. as far as pvp or pve goes.. can any druids let me know is
    > > > it
    > > > worth the grinde to get higher? let me know thanks!!
    >
    > > I have a 32nd level druid and I enjoy it tremendously
    >
    > 49 here, and loving it. Very versatile, lots to do. Not a good min-max
    > class, if that's important to you -- more "pretty good at lots of
    > things", rather than "super-twinked in one specific area."

    I like my super-twinked fire mage insta-nuke. And I hate it when like
    just the other day a druid I'm fighting is burned down to 5% health,
    nearly a pile of coal ashes, and then he does a total-self-heal. Damn
    do I hate that. Nerf druids.

    chocolatemalt wrote:
    > I like my super-twinked fire mage insta-nuke. And I hate it when like
    > just the other day a druid I'm fighting is burned down to 5% health,
    > nearly a pile of coal ashes, and then he does a total-self-heal. Damn
    > do I hate that. Nerf druids.

    You want to nerf an entire class because *you* can't beat them?!?

    Heh. You deserve to get pwned by a gnome warrior.

    Noal

    Taipan wrote:
    > Or perhaps my view is jaded because every single 60
    > Druid player i know ends up as a healer and I already have one of those.

    If they end up as a full time healer, it's their own fault. Druids also
    make excellent tanks when they spec and gear up for it.

    As for DPS, the cat form is about to be improved in 1.7 and there are
    changes to the Feral and Balance trees in 1.8. Downtime has never been
    a problem with me in cat form. Typically, I pop up, heal, and shift
    back down to cat. With proper gear (this means *not* speccing Int/Spi)
    your downtime is minimal.

    Remember, int/spi does you as much good in melee as agi/str does when
    your casting. The life of a druid means 3 sets of gear.

    Regards,
    Noal

    --
    Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) on Stormrage
    Kemwer - Tauren Warrior (40) on Stormrage

    Youv probly heard this a dozen times already, but there jacks of all
    trades, masters of none, that is unless if you count there flexibilty as
    a pro unto itself.

    Cons of druid class are quite obvious, preists heal more, warriors are
    better tanks, and there damage in cat form isnt quite as high as there
    counterpart. And generaly there incredibly hard to use in PVP (especialy
    against shamans o.< ) but nothing is impossible especialy for druids.

    pros, there ability to alter there abilities and traits at a moments
    notice means they can almost instantly be ready to pick up the slack
    when othere classes are being overwhelmed in your group. Many druids
    later on get sloted as healers, and feral druids are pretty malagligned
    (Iv notsed a alarming number or warriors/rogues who feal like ferals are
    trying to do there job lol)

    Right now im unable to play, but when i return to scarlet crusade in a
    few months ill be working on my druid, iv put strong emphasis on
    swiftshifting and adaptability with him, switch for me has been farly
    fun at least for Player VS monster. Not liking this setup for pvp at all
    lol.

    chocolatemalt wrote:

    > > > You want to nerf an entire class because *you* can't beat them?!?
    > > >
    > > > Heh. You deserve to get pwned by a gnome warrior.
    > >
    > > I think he was joking.
    >
    > Lol! Nice of you to bonk him in the head with the cluestick, but
    > there's a question I still have: Was his response *also* a joke
    > (quality aside)? Or is the humor part of his brain just an electrical
    > deadzone?

    Try to find another post wherein I used "L337" speak. You should have
    your answer, then. ;-)

    > As to the druid pvp problem I was having, I figured out quickly how to
    > win the fights (after that annoying initial defeat): Don't waste the
    > insta-nukes or the counterspell while the druid still has > 50% health.
    > The moonfire, starfire, acid rain, wind in your eyes, whatever, are
    > annoying at first but not worth blowing the counterspell on since it
    > won't be off cooldown when the healing comes. Once their health is down
    > to 50%, any healing wussiness (inevitable like a pally) can be
    > squelched, and I can do 2000-3000 dmg nearly instantaneously that
    > usually turns them into a shiny puddle of druid blood in the Barrens
    > grass.

    Wait until you find that you've just counter spelled a hearth stone.
    :-D

    Btw, I eat mages. Problem is that they don't stay crunchy in milk.

    Regards,
    Noal

    --
    Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) on Stormrage
    Kemwer - Tauren Warrior (41) on Stormrage

    Noal McDonald left a note on my windscreen which said:

    > chocolatemalt wrote:
    > > I like my super-twinked fire mage insta-nuke. And I hate it when like
    > > just the other day a druid I'm fighting is burned down to 5% health,
    > > nearly a pile of coal ashes, and then he does a total-self-heal. Damn
    > > do I hate that. Nerf druids.
    >
    > You want to nerf an entire class because *you* can't beat them?!?
    >
    > Heh. You deserve to get pwned by a gnome warrior.

    I think he was joking.
    --
    Stoneskin

    My personal army of Coalition members on Sunstrider are...

    Necrofear - lvl 60 Undead Priest
    Relinquished - lvl 22 Undead Warlock
    Wartorn - lvl 21 Tauren Warrior
    Jericho - lvl 19 Undead Mage
    Jigen - lvl 12 Orc Rogue
    Squeak - lvl 14 Troll Hunter
    Stoneskin - lvl 8 Orc Shaman
    Nightmane - lvl 2 Tauren Druid

    In article <MPG.1d767ffc5c2dc96a989bf0@nntp.dsl.pipex.com>,
    Stoneskin <no@thanks.com> wrote:

    > Noal McDonald left a note on my windscreen which said:
    >
    > > chocolatemalt wrote:
    > > > I like my super-twinked fire mage insta-nuke. And I hate it when like
    > > > just the other day a druid I'm fighting is burned down to 5% health,
    > > > nearly a pile of coal ashes, and then he does a total-self-heal. Damn
    > > > do I hate that. Nerf druids.
    > >
    > > You want to nerf an entire class because *you* can't beat them?!?
    > >
    > > Heh. You deserve to get pwned by a gnome warrior.
    >
    > I think he was joking.

    Lol! Nice of you to bonk him in the head with the cluestick, but
    there's a question I still have: Was his response *also* a joke
    (quality aside)? Or is the humor part of his brain just an electrical
    deadzone?

    As to the druid pvp problem I was having, I figured out quickly how to
    win the fights (after that annoying initial defeat): Don't waste the
    insta-nukes or the counterspell while the druid still has > 50% health.
    The moonfire, starfire, acid rain, wind in your eyes, whatever, are
    annoying at first but not worth blowing the counterspell on since it
    won't be off cooldown when the healing comes. Once their health is down
    to 50%, any healing wussiness (inevitable like a pally) can be
    squelched, and I can do 2000-3000 dmg nearly instantaneously that
    usually turns them into a shiny puddle of druid blood in the Barrens
    grass.

Warcraft Games Video Games