Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Asus hd 7870 temperatures

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 2, 2012 8:58:05 PM

hello guyz was wondering if u could help me, i have just gotten an asus hd 7870 last saturday, have just played crysis 1, mw3 and nfs the run.

When i play crysis after a phew minutes, using hwmonitor it marks a top of 79° C and after 2 hour of gameplay still marks the same top.

Im not sure what are the regular temperatures for this card but im sure this isnt, i wont be able to overclock if it gets that hot on stock.

My case is the Cooler master sniper, and i have 4 fans installed 1 front 1 top 1 back and 1 on the window, i think the ambient temperature is lower than what it marks on the hwmonitor, wich is 42° top on the system.

Im gonna download now the gpu utilities from asus and the msi afterburner to do the test if maybe the hwmonitor isnt giving the right reads. do you know what are the normal temperatures on this card? do you consider the hwmonitor can be given missreads?

thanks a lot!

More about : asus 7870 temperatures

a c 91 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
July 2, 2012 9:02:20 PM

is this a reference edition (with a single blower fan at the end of the card)? your temperatures are not abnormal. but they are slightly high for someone with a decent case. how are your fans oriented? are the front and window fans intake, and the top and back fans exhaust?

otherwise, the card's thermal limit's 98C, generally anything under 80C is fine. no one promises that you would be able to overclock leaps and bounds in any situation
m
l
July 2, 2012 9:12:55 PM

is the asus direct cu wich promises 20% cooler then the rest in the market :S, the fans are set as you put it. ive got an artic silver 5 grease at my home should i take a part the card and put some on the components?
m
l
Related resources
July 2, 2012 10:22:04 PM

well after reading a review, they got 75° C under full load, so that means im 4 degrees hotter, and it could be normal they get when overclocked only 2° C more so im gona give a try and let u know how that works. thanks for the help
m
l

Best solution

a c 91 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
July 2, 2012 11:07:19 PM

source47 said:
well after reading a review, they got 75° C under full load, so that means im 4 degrees hotter, and it could be normal they get when overclocked only 2° C more so im gona give a try and let u know how that works. thanks for the help

you're welcome. however, this certainly does not live up to ASUS's promises... I would email or call ASUS support and leave a complaint. see what happens. a free RMA or a few goodies never hurts
July 10, 2012 8:01:03 PM

Best answer selected by source47.
m
l
!