I5 2400 reaching 63c load after using enhanced turbo.

I am currently using a coolermaster hyper N520 and I am concerned with my current cpu temperature. Before turning on enhanced turbo boost I use to get 55-58c on load. My idle temperature stays at around 29-39c. I am planing to upgrade to water cooling, but I want know if this is necessary at all at the moment. I remember when I installed the N520 it felt like I put too much thermal compound on the cpu, which I think could be the prime suspect of my current issue. I would go ahead and reapply the thermal compound, but removing the N520 and reinstalling it again would be a nightmare and I don't think I can do it. In conclusion, I just want to know if keeping enhanced turbo on would be a problem and whether the cpu will be able to last with this temperature until I purchase a water cooling system in about 3-4 months.
2 answers Last reply
More about 2400 reaching load enhanced turbo
  1. 63c is absolutely fine! You could run it for years at that temp and there'd be no issue. Low 70s is also OK for a Sandy Bridge processor. Watercooling is really only for large overclocks, which isn't possible on the i5 2400
  2. Well that's great news then. Thanks for the fast reply.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Thermal Compound Temperature Intel i5