Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Any problems with this build? [Noobish]

Last response: in Systems
August 21, 2012 7:24:03 PM

Any thing that won't work well with each other or anything I need/don't really need? If I did something silly it's because I'm rather new to this. Thanks for the help in advance! :wahoo: 

CAS: Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Adjustable HDD Cage (Black Color) [+0]
CASUPGRADE: 12in Meter Light - 8 speed [+15] (Red Color [+0])
CD: LG 12X Internal Blu-ray Drive & DVDRW, 3D Playback Combo Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+15] (Red Color [+0])
FA_HDD: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+21] (1 x System)
FAN: Asetek 550LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Advanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) [+18] (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
FREEBIE_MB: GIGABYTE GC-WB300D Exclusive Bluetooth 4.0/WiFi PCIe Expansion Card [+0]
HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
HDD2: None
HEADSET1: Connectland™ Stereo Headphone with Microphone [+0]
IEEE_CARD: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
MB_SRT: None
MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance [+0])
MONITOR: 24" Widescreen 1920x1080 ASUS VS247H-P LCD [+157]
MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, Ultra Durable4 Classic, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x Gen3 PCIe x16, 3x PCIe x1 & 2 PCI (Extreme OC Certified) [-5]
MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OVERCLOCK: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more) [+19]
POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: Eagle Arion ET-AR506-BK 2.1 Soundstage Speakers [+56]
TEMP: None
TUNING: None
TVRC: None
USB: None
USBFLASH: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [-135] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
WNC: 802.11b/g/n 300Mbps PCI Wireless Adapter Network Card [+26]
_PRICE: (+1665)

More about : problems build noobish

August 21, 2012 7:43:02 PM

no need for the water cpu cooler . A relatively cheap air cooler like the cooler master hyper 212 evo works extremely well

or hard drive cooler which is pretty much useless

no need for a 1000 watt power supply since 500 watts will power that and 650 give you a lot of expansion overhead
The motherboard cant run two high end graphics cards so you definitely wont ever use 1000 watts
m
l
August 21, 2012 7:47:33 PM

Change case to Cooler Master HAF XM.
912 got very old. It's not bad, it's just that HAF XM is THE king of Mid Tower cases these days, it will have everything you need AND more, and it's price quite affordable.

Also, if you're getting HD 7870 - definitely take MSi's HD 7870 "R7870 Hawk". It's THE very best HD 7870 out there.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

August 21, 2012 7:51:43 PM

What is the primary use for this PC?
If it is for gaming, the 3770K is too expensive, and a 7870 is inappropriately weak.
A 3570K @$100 less would be better.
A GTX670 @ $100 more would be better.
Water cooling is never needed.
This looks like a cyberpower build. A 1000psu is overkill. And, standard psu means a cheap brand. Do not buy unless you know exactly which psu you are getting. 600w or so should be sufficient.
Do you need two wireless adapters?
August 21, 2012 7:52:40 PM

500 will not reliably power this rig, hes rolling the 7870, several additional adapter cards. I highly recommend you stick with what is in the list, the additional power gives you plenty of headroom and should you decide to, you can replace the motherboard and add an additional video card or a higher end video card without getting another power supply.

Why set yourself up for having to upgrade something you should have already had in the first place. Power supplies also produce less power as their components age so always get a good amount more than you expect, NEVER skimp on the psu. I would also like to note that remember a psu will only put out what its being drawn for, so a 1000 watt will only put out the 600 or so that you need unless its required for more.
m
l
August 21, 2012 7:57:04 PM

Outlander_04 said:
no need for the water cpu cooler . A relatively cheap air cooler like the cooler master hyper 212 evo works extremely well

or hard drive cooler which is pretty much useless

no need for a 1000 watt power supply since 500 watts will power that and 650 give you a lot of expansion overhead
The motherboard cant run two high end graphics cards so you definitely wont ever use 1000 watts

Well, a water cooler is actually on sale for cheaper than the cooler master hyper 212 evo and annoyingly enough I can't go below 1000w in the builder. Got rid of the hard drive cooler, anything else? Also read that the 12 in 1 card reader was rather crap can anyone confirm?
m
l
August 21, 2012 8:02:14 PM

Stay away from their "Standard Power Supply" it is the #1 cause of problems with their systems as cited by their own forum members(posting on their forums as well is not a bad idea). I believe they offer corsair and other good brands as alternatives.
m
l
August 21, 2012 8:05:51 PM

FriedMcWafflez said:
Well, a water cooler is actually on sale for cheaper than the cooler master hyper 212 evo and annoyingly enough I can't go below 1000w in the builder. Got rid of the hard drive cooler, anything else? Also read that the 12 in 1 card reader was rather crap can anyone confirm?

Find another builder.
I suspect they are ripping you off.
How much do they want?

Liquid cooling is not necessary, more expensive, noisier, and more trouble prone.
If they will not identify the 1000w psu, stay away.
m
l
August 21, 2012 8:07:22 PM

have you considered building your own ?

Its pretty easy if you can use a screw driver and you are likely to get a better build without the overkill that you are paying for above

Search online for "how to build a computer"
can you do that?

It is easy
m
l
August 21, 2012 8:15:05 PM

Best answer selected by FriedMcWafflez.
m
l
August 21, 2012 8:15:22 PM

I actually started shopping with them, spent a lot of time on their forums as well as here and could have gotten a system that spec'd the same as mine for about the same as building it myself. Having said that, I did decide to build it myself and couldn't be happier, my main reasons were:

1. Long wait - when I was looking they were taking around 6 weeks to ship.
2. No guarantee on who makes all of the components (like the video card, you could choose type, but not brand in all cases).
3. I would rather troubleshoot problems I created in the first place.

Newegg has an excellent 3 part series on building your own, check it out before you make a final decision.
m
l
August 21, 2012 8:21:50 PM

Will check out trying to build my own, seems to be the builder on cyberpower doesn't give me enough options.
m
l
!