CPU i7 3770K/i7 3930K/?

dsub1994

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
Hey guys, just wondering...
Okay, so right now I'm rendering a 25 minute long gameplay on my i7 2630QM Quad core laptop... It's on sony vegas 12... And it's taking me an hour and a half... Which is, in my opinion, nothing short of ridiculous.
So guys, I need your help. I want to build an epic gaming PC on a really decent budget... And I can't decide which CPU to get, the 3770K or 3930K or should I wait till an ivy bride 6 core comes out at the end of the year... I'm building at the end of the year by the way...
So... Here are the specs as it stands now:

PSU: Coolermaster 1200 W silent pro gold
Case: ATX Full (who cares, decent airflow)
CPU cooler: Corsair H100i
Graphics: 2XSaphire 7970 OC (I plan to take them all the way to 1200MHZ each)
Motherboard: Depends on the platform
SSD: Kingston Hyperx 240GB Sanforce
HDD: 8TB (2TB X4) Seagate Barracuda 7200
Blu Ray writer (Pioneer/ASUS)
CPU: Well... That's where you guys come in...
So can you help me out here?
Thanks!

pauls3743

Distinguished
If you're talking about the end of 2013 then wait until you're closer the time as a lot can change in a year.

Personally I would go for the 3930K if you're going to be doing a lot of video editing.

Other observations:-
Your Corsair H100I will need a pair of 120mm fan ports close together at the top of the case so the choice of case WILL matter. You'll find that one that take the H100i will be big, expensive and you may not have that big a choice.
I would seriously think about a hardware RAID controller for your hard drive array, I would also consider adding another hard drive to the array as a RAID 5 setup will sacrifice one of the drives for data parity.