Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Can a gtx 660 ti fit in a mini tower

Last response: in Components
Share
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2013 11:58:31 AM

adil659 said:
hi, I am buying a Dell XPS 8500 and just realized that it's a mini tower. I am wondering if a GTX 660ti graphics card will fit and work well with my desktop. I am also getting a 750w power supply so if anyone could tell me if this could also fit well.

graphics card:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

power supply:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Thanks!



People seem to have installed powercolor 6850's, but said the sapphire versions were too tall...


The powercolor is about 4.38, the sapphire 6.5.

The 660 ti you want is 5.4... It should fit.


That power supply is garbage, get a quality unit:


http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Cheaper too.


Good luck.


Best solution

a c 260 ) Power supply
a c 109 U Graphics card
January 5, 2013 12:04:34 PM
Share

adil659 said:
hi, I am buying a Dell XPS 8500 and just realized that it's a mini tower. I am wondering if a GTX 660ti graphics card will fit and work well with my desktop. I am also getting a 750w power supply so if anyone could tell me if this could also fit well.

graphics card:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

power supply:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Thanks!


Hi - Sorry, can't say for sure if it will fit, but I think it will.

The Vid card is 5.4"w & your case is 6.9", so it will fit that way.
It's a fairly long card (10.7"). I believe you can fit it, but you may
have to move your hdd(I had to do this& it worked well) up or down a little as
the card will def be too long if it's on the same plane as the hdd.

Open your side panel & check out that scenario before you order
the card.

Hope this helps.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2013 12:12:29 PM

Avoid that rose will like the plague adil, look for a corsair, or a silver stone xfx or OCZ.
You should be able to find all the dimensions of the cards you wish to fit into the case, they are always listed for the reason, with case size as a factor. Obviously open the case if it is with you or get the dimension specs of the case and tally them they should be listed even on a pre built system setup.
a c 260 ) Power supply
a c 109 U Graphics card
January 5, 2013 12:24:45 PM

adil659 said:
hi, I am buying a Dell XPS 8500 and just realized that it's a mini tower. I am wondering if a GTX 660ti graphics card will fit and work well with my desktop. I am also getting a 750w power supply so if anyone could tell me if this could also fit well.

graphics card:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

power supply:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Thanks!


Hi again - I agree with weaselman - Rosewill has some very good power supplies,
such as their Capstone series, however the RX model #'s are not
their best stuff. You don't need anywhere near 750w either.
A quality 450w unit is enough, a quality 550w unit will give
you plenty of headroom as long as you're going with one GPU.

Quality brands, Seasonic, XFX, PC P&Cooling, most Corsair's, most Antec's,
Rosewill Capstone series, Enermax, & a few others.

Tom
January 5, 2013 12:29:32 PM

maxalge said:
People seem to have installed powercolor 6850's, but said the sapphire versions were too tall...


The powercolor is about 4.38, the sapphire 6.5.

The 660 ti you want is 5.4... It should fit.


That power supply is garbage, get a quality unit:


http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Cheaper too.


Good luck.


Thanks for telling me, never knew. but could the graphics card work well with the 550w power supply?
a c 260 ) Power supply
a c 109 U Graphics card
January 5, 2013 12:38:54 PM

adil659 said:
Thanks for telling me, never knew. but could the graphics card work well with the 550w power supply?


Yes, 550w of a quality init is more than sufficient for one GPU.

Tom
January 5, 2013 8:57:36 PM

Best answer selected by adil659.
!