duel accounts

Paul

Splendid

is it possible to have 2 copies of the game installed on the same pc with
different accounts so my brother can play the game on my pc because i dont
want him going near my account

"paul" <paul.skinner1@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> is it possible to have 2 copies of the game installed on the same pc with
> different accounts so my brother can play the game on my pc because i dont
> want him going near my account

no reason to install it more than once. if you have multiple accounts just
enter the account login and password at the login screen.
if he doesn't know you password than he cant play your account, and if he
does you can change your account password at www.worldofwarcraft.com and
follow the links for account management.

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:14:36 +0000 (UTC), "paul"
<paul.skinner1@btinternet.com> scribed into the ether:

>is it possible to have 2 copies of the game installed on the same pc with
>different accounts so my brother can play the game on my pc because i dont
>want him going near my account

You don't need multiple installations to accomplish this, just type in your
account name and away you go. The game will track your accounts and their
characters seperately.

Now, if you wanted to log in both accounts at the same time and alt-tab
between them...then I'm pretty sure you would need a second installation.

Matt Frisch wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:14:36 +0000 (UTC), "paul"
> <paul.skinner1@btinternet.com> scribed into the ether:
>

>>is it possible to have 2 copies of the game installed on the same pc with
>>different accounts so my brother can play the game on my pc because i dont
>>want him going near my account
>

> You don't need multiple installations to accomplish this, just type in your
> account name and away you go. The game will track your accounts and their
> characters seperately.
>
> Now, if you wanted to log in both accounts at the same time and alt-tab
> between them...then I'm pretty sure you would need a second installation.

You don't. You can run as many clients as your machine can handle. Each
will need their own account though. The most i've heard of is 4 accounts
run by one person.

Matt Frisch wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:14:36 +0000 (UTC), "paul"
> <paul.skinner1@btinternet.com> scribed into the ether:
>

>>is it possible to have 2 copies of the game installed on the same pc with
>>different accounts so my brother can play the game on my pc because i dont
>>want him going near my account
>

> You don't need multiple installations to accomplish this, just type in your
> account name and away you go. The game will track your accounts and their
> characters seperately.
>
> Now, if you wanted to log in both accounts at the same time and alt-tab
> between them...then I'm pretty sure you would need a second installation.

I think is says somewhere that operating multiple accounts is against
the EULA. So do so at your own risk, etc.. :D

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:19:44 +1200, Melkuth <Melkuthnospam@gmail.com>
scribed into the ether:

>Matt Frisch wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:14:36 +0000 (UTC), "paul"
>> <paul.skinner1@btinternet.com> scribed into the ether:
>>

>>>is it possible to have 2 copies of the game installed on the same pc with
>>>different accounts so my brother can play the game on my pc because i dont
>>>want him going near my account
>>

>> You don't need multiple installations to accomplish this, just type in your
>> account name and away you go. The game will track your accounts and their
>> characters seperately.
>>
>> Now, if you wanted to log in both accounts at the same time and alt-tab
>> between them...then I'm pretty sure you would need a second installation.
>

>I think is says somewhere that operating multiple accounts is against
>the EULA. So do so at your own risk, etc.. :D

Nah, the EULA is against using the same account with multiple people. Like
that would really stop anyone.

Melkuth left a note on my windscreen which said:

> I think is says somewhere that operating multiple accounts is against
> the EULA. So do so at your own risk, etc.. :D

I hope not. I have two accounts so my daughter and I can both play at
the same time.
--
Stoneskin

My personal army of Sash Crackers on Sunstrider are...

Necrofear - lvl 60 Undead Priest
Relinquished - lvl 22 Undead Warlock
Jericho - lvl 19 Undead Mage
Wartorn - lvl 18 Tauren Warrior