Removing MSN 7 flashing messages

June 22, 2005 2:18:43 PM

I was wondering if there's a way to stop an MSN message from flashing
down below in the toolbar. The window can still pop up, but I was
wondering if there's a way to stop the flashing.

Thanks,
Groove
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 2:23:25 AM

This is a side effect of the setting to not allow applications to steal the focus. This setting (how many times it flashes) can be set via TweakUI.

TweakUI is available from

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powert... (SP1 and later systems)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/downloads/power... (Pre SP1 systems)

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Groove" <dasilvas@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1119460723.557886.128840@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I was wondering if there's a way to stop an MSN message from flashing
> down below in the toolbar. The window can still pop up, but I was
> wondering if there's a way to stop the flashing.
>
> Thanks,
> Groove

June 24, 2005 12:13:14 AM

Thanks Doug, that worked.