I cant decide on what gpu to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wastert67

Honorable
May 5, 2012
my computer is mainly for gaming and watching hd movie on 32in lcd. 1080p. there is gtx 480 for 209. gtx 570 for 280. gtx 670 for 420. i could squeeze my wallet for 400 bucks but honestly id feel like idiot spending that much money on gpu for gaming. the gtx 480 sounds great but then again i dont want to upgrade again in a year or 2. then there is gtx 660 that should coming out soon and idk how it compares to gtx 570 and 480 and being that i have no gpu whatsoever i'm just tired of waiting. i just need advice on what to do.

Solution
if you don't want to upgrade in 2 years, then get the gtx 670. It performs almost 2x gtx 570 and for a lot less power, heat and noise. It'd be a waste to spend your money on older technologies such as the gtx 480 that draws a lot more power and produces a lot more noise and heat for half the performance. I game at the same resolution as you and I have got a gtx 670. I am considering getting a second one to be more future proof but not in the next 6months. At any rate, the gtx 670 shows about 50% improvement from my gtx 580 and it is the best performance/money gpu. Get the gigabyte windforce 3x one costs the same as the reference models but has much better cooling.

shamsmu

Honorable
May 30, 2012
if you don't want to upgrade in 2 years, then get the gtx 670. It performs almost 2x gtx 570 and for a lot less power, heat and noise. It'd be a waste to spend your money on older technologies such as the gtx 480 that draws a lot more power and produces a lot more noise and heat for half the performance. I game at the same resolution as you and I have got a gtx 670. I am considering getting a second one to be more future proof but not in the next 6months. At any rate, the gtx 670 shows about 50% improvement from my gtx 580 and it is the best performance/money gpu. Get the gigabyte windforce 3x one costs the same as the reference models but has much better cooling.

Solution

axe1592

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Yep, GTX670 FTW.

If youre doing any serious gaming and want as much eye candy as you can get, youre gonna want the best GPU you can get and at 1910x1080, that GTX670 is about perfect. Itll shred thru anything out on the market right now at maxed settings and itll also be doing so for a good long while to come. So drop $400 on that thing now and I could almost guarantee you that you wont have to worry about an upgrade for several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.