Prefetch Files--Cannot Delete All at Once

I'm an orderliness freak, like to get rid of *.pf files even though in
know in XP they basically replenish themselves quickly.

Problem: as in the past I find all *.pf files in Search, Press "Select
All" in Edit dropdown menu, but when I hit "Delete" I get an Error
Deleting Files or Folders Screen stating " cannot delete file: cannot
read from the source file or disk".

I am able to delete the larger *.pf (Prefetch) files manually and
separately, but I would prefer the Select All/Delete All (at once)
approach.

Any ideas?

No biggie but thanks.

Maybe you would have better luck by going to C:\Windows\Prefetch
Folder and doing it from there.
<Temprock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm an orderliness freak, like to get rid of *.pf files even though in
> know in XP they basically replenish themselves quickly.
>
> Problem: as in the past I find all *.pf files in Search, Press "Select
> All" in Edit dropdown menu, but when I hit "Delete" I get an Error
> Deleting Files or Folders Screen stating " cannot delete file: cannot
> read from the source file or disk".
>
> I am able to delete the larger *.pf (Prefetch) files manually and
> separately, but I would prefer the Select All/Delete All (at once)
> approach.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> No biggie but thanks.

Hi

Reboot, then try and delete the files. Although the files in the Prefetch
folder do help in loading programs faster.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User