Prefetch Files--Cannot Delete All at Once

I'm an orderliness freak, like to get rid of *.pf files even though in
know in XP they basically replenish themselves quickly.

Problem: as in the past I find all *.pf files in Search, Press "Select
All" in Edit dropdown menu, but when I hit "Delete" I get an Error
Deleting Files or Folders Screen stating " cannot delete file: cannot
read from the source file or disk".

I am able to delete the larger *.pf (Prefetch) files manually and
separately, but I would prefer the Select All/Delete All (at once)
approach.

Any ideas?

No biggie but thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about prefetch files cannot delete once

    Maybe you would have better luck by going to C:\Windows\Prefetch
    Folder and doing it from there.
    <Temprock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm an orderliness freak, like to get rid of *.pf files even though in
    > know in XP they basically replenish themselves quickly.
    >
    > Problem: as in the past I find all *.pf files in Search, Press "Select
    > All" in Edit dropdown menu, but when I hit "Delete" I get an Error
    > Deleting Files or Folders Screen stating " cannot delete file: cannot
    > read from the source file or disk".
    >
    > I am able to delete the larger *.pf (Prefetch) files manually and
    > separately, but I would prefer the Select All/Delete All (at once)
    > approach.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > No biggie but thanks.

    Hi

    Reboot, then try and delete the files. Although the files in the Prefetch
    folder do help in loading programs faster.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User