bryce6622

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Ok I have just built my first computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/aSu3 I had it all together and it worked well for 1 day. It started flickering and then went black screen so I took out, removed drivers put back in and installed drivers. Whenever I have a driver installed my screen goes black. I can see my desktop and go on the internet without any driver for my video card, but I can't play any games. So when I try to install the driver so I can play games, it goes black screen. Why is this happening? I have installed beta 12.7 driver, as well as the 12.6 driver with no luck. What am I doing wrong? Is the graphics card a dud?

bryce6622

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

The HDMI cord is through the video card and I have no idea what IGP means or if it is disabled

bryce6622

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

I think it is enabled because I was able to play minecraft without my graphics card in my computer. How do I disable it?

bryce6622

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

Yeah I have used driver sweeper. So it doesn't matter if I install the beta patch or the Catalyst install manager thing? They're both the same?

G

If you can play Minecraft, or use your computer at all, without your graphics in the computer, then you have an IGP. Make sure that your monitor is connected to the graphics card, and not the motherboard.

bryce6622

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

Ok so I unistalled all AMD Drivers in safe mode with my graphics card out, then I put back in and plugged my HDMI cable into my graphics card and installed the Catalyst thing. As soon as it was finished installing it said complete with some errors. (View Log) So I looked at the log and it didn't show any. After that I restarted my comp like it asked me to and I had black screen . EDIT : And the intergrated graphics are OFF.

the log is not showing any errors? that would be an extremely abnormal situation.

bryce6622

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

Ok now When I unplug my video card and turn on my comp it makes 5 beeps or so. Now I can't even get to my desktop at all?

if the card is doesnt work, and you cant see bios to turn on igp again, you will have to CMOS reset.(google if you dont know how to cmos reset) what it does is restore all hardware but HDD to factory settings.

bryce6622

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

Man things are going from bad to worse. I guess I will try that tomorrow

bryce6622

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

Ok I have CMOS reset and can now see my desktop. It seems everytime I install a driver onto my video card my screen goes black. Is my video card a dud?