Phone restriction Off - 8310 - T-Mobile

Last response: in Brands
September 2, 2004 2:28:26 PM

If you put an unlock code into an 8310 locked on a T-Mobile it displays
'Phone restriction Off' message but what does that mean exactly. I only ask
because the 8310 still will not accept an O2 or an Orange Sim. Both the
later are more modern sims with dif amount of contacts on them. Could this
be the reason why?
What does Phone Restriction Off mean if it's not a multi network lock
release?

TIA
Andy
Anonymous
September 2, 2004 10:12:43 PM

"xc" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:ch6ska$7qs$1@titan.btinternet.com...
> If you put an unlock code into an 8310 locked on a T-Mobile it displays
> 'Phone restriction Off' message but what does that mean exactly. I only
ask
> because the 8310 still will not accept an O2 or an Orange Sim. Both the
> later are more modern sims with dif amount of contacts on them. Could this
> be the reason why?
> What does Phone Restriction Off mean if it's not a multi network lock
> release?
>
> TIA
> Andy

it should mean that the phone is unrestricted but same as you - i entered an
unlock code into my 8310 and it said the same but wouldnt accept other sims
so i had to enter code #7 and got the same message but this time it did
accept another sim.

conclusion - try a different code
!