Phone restriction Off - 8310 - T-Mobile

If you put an unlock code into an 8310 locked on a T-Mobile it displays
'Phone restriction Off' message but what does that mean exactly. I only ask
because the 8310 still will not accept an O2 or an Orange Sim. Both the
later are more modern sims with dif amount of contacts on them. Could this
be the reason why?
What does Phone Restriction Off mean if it's not a multi network lock
release?

TIA
Andy
1 answer Last reply
More about phone restriction 8310 mobile

    "xc" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:ch6ska$7qs$1@titan.btinternet.com...
    > If you put an unlock code into an 8310 locked on a T-Mobile it displays
    > 'Phone restriction Off' message but what does that mean exactly. I only
    ask
    > because the 8310 still will not accept an O2 or an Orange Sim. Both the
    > later are more modern sims with dif amount of contacts on them. Could this
    > be the reason why?
    > What does Phone Restriction Off mean if it's not a multi network lock
    > release?
    >
    > TIA
    > Andy

    it should mean that the phone is unrestricted but same as you - i entered an
    unlock code into my 8310 and it said the same but wouldnt accept other sims
    so i had to enter code #7 and got the same message but this time it did
    accept another sim.

    conclusion - try a different code

Nokia Mobile Phones