ATi Gripes...Radeon or Other?

G

OK
I have seen this time and time again by ATi, whom I must say are good at making video cards and I do like there products. That being said..... ATi always and I mean always is late with drivers,price and timing nowadays. I have used ATi graphics chip based video cards since I have been in the computer world (1989 or something) and have always thought of ATi as a sort of higher quality product, but lately they have slacked in a few areas.
1)There late to introduce a product that performs as well as currently available products already on the market. By the time they get something on the market another company releases one better.
2) The stability of there products are low due to poorly written drivers and applications
3) The price associated with there products are always higher than one of equal or more features and or performance.

Don't get me wrong.........I would rather have an ATi based card in my system but you must first get over the 3 hurdles of buying ATi. If for example the Radeon 8500 was released at the same time as the Geforce3 I would buy the Radeon 8500. But that is never the case. Right now Geforce3 Based cards can be had for less than $300.00 ($280-$300)and the Radeon will most likly hit the shelves at around $380-$399 until it drops down. What would you buy?

------------------
I'm no rocket scientist, I'm no expert, I'm no genious, but

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
That $399 is ATI's suggested retail price. Retail store prices will probably be in the $299 range while OEM prices will probably be $50 less.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor