$800 - $1000 Gaming PC [First Build]

trambo18

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
This is my first time building any type of PC. As the years have passed and new games such as Guild Wars 2 are coming out I know my computer can not dish out as much performance as I would like, to play a game enjoyably.

As of right now my specs on my computer are pretty mediocre and I feel are definitely out of date.

Approximate Purchase Date:
August 25, 2012 - September 30, 2012

Budget Range:
$800-$1000. I am just guessing this price range because I want a computer that will last over the upcoming years to run the upcoming graphics of newer games. This price range could be lower since I do not desire a monitor or other accessories.

System Usage from Most to Least Important:
I mainly use my computer to game other than that it is mostly surfing the web.

Parts Not Required:
I do not need a monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers. I think that is it as far as accessories go. I just need help with building the gaming rig and I can upgrade the other parts as I wish to do, as I already own them.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:
I have mainly been using Newegg.com to search for parts, but any other personal preferences will help to find the lowest costs.

United States

Parts Preferences:

CPU
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Memory
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Case
Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan

Power Supply
I have no idea how much power my Gaming PC will need just by looking at the Parts I have.

Cooling
I definitely would not want my computer overheating every time I play, but I am still unaware of what i would need to maximize the cooling of my PC

Video Card
MSI N560GTX-Ti-M2D1GD5/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Sound Card
I am uncertain when looking for sound cards. I am not a stickler for sound quality, but I do not want to be spending too much for a sound card that I am not using to it's full potential or not enough on a sound card that the quality is underwhelming.

Storage
I am looking for about 500GB to 1TB. I need the space, but looking into the future I may not find myself filling a WHOLE TB of storage. I am still uncertain on brands and prices when buying storage.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No. From what I understand, SLI/Crossfire means that I can use or eventually implement a second graphics card. I do not think I will be adding another graphics card.

Monitor Resolution:
I am not sure, at the moment I use 1280x980 and I am hoping to upgrade that. With more professional insight I am hoping that I can understand what resolution my Gaming PC will run best.

Additional Comments:
I left Power Supply, Cooling, Sound Card, and Storage Empty because since this is my first time I do not know enough information to make the correct choices and keep the costs low at the same time. I have left my recommendations under each category to help with finding choices suitable to my actions.

Solution
OK well your build looks pretty dang good, power supply well if you just pick up a tx650 that will do you very well and lots of power to spair for the future upgrades... cooling, is only needed for the cpu even if not overclocking i would just pick up a cooler master hyper 212 plus just to keep your cpu cool...

Sound cards these days are not really nessessarry, the onboard sound of the motherboard will certinly do...

Storage wise i would just pick up a 1 tb western digital caviar blue/black depends on how much money you have, If you can fit an ssd to put your os it will speed you load times up tramendously, so just pick up a 128/60 gb samsung 830 ssd so you can put your os and games on...

You are right crossfire/sli means combining...

Spicy_benie

Honorable
May 19, 2012
OK well your build looks pretty dang good, power supply well if you just pick up a tx650 that will do you very well and lots of power to spair for the future upgrades... cooling, is only needed for the cpu even if not overclocking i would just pick up a cooler master hyper 212 plus just to keep your cpu cool...

Sound cards these days are not really nessessarry, the onboard sound of the motherboard will certinly do...

Storage wise i would just pick up a 1 tb western digital caviar blue/black depends on how much money you have, If you can fit an ssd to put your os it will speed you load times up tramendously, so just pick up a 128/60 gb samsung 830 ssd so you can put your os and games on...

You are right crossfire/sli means combining more then one graphics cards... The normal gaming res these days is 1920x1080.

Have fun building and don't forget to pick a best answer at the end of this thread

Solution

Spicy_benie

Honorable
May 19, 2012
You would buy both, you would at first only plug in ssd to install os, then you install the other files/pics and anything that is not the os/games/applications on the hdd. Your case will have more then enough room :D

trambo18

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Another problem I am having while i am looking for storage devices is that the one you have recommended has a lot of "Dead on Arrival" or "Stopped working randomly" reviews on newegg. I am just cautious about buying because I do not want to be stuck with the same problems.

Spicy_benie

Honorable
May 19, 2012
? the samsung 830? it is one of the most reliable ones out their that or crucial m4. wester digital is also a very well know and trusted brand, I personally never trust reviews and others on this forums on sites like newegg because they are often biast or not true