Santa Cruz vs Game Theater xp

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'd like to comparisons from people that have experienced <b>both</b> cards. Don't just post stating that it's better than SBLive.

<font color=red>To <b>HELL</b> with your damned cookie</font color=red>.... :mad: ptooo!! :mad:

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Both are based on similar chips, I think. I haven't tried the Game Theater XP but I have tried the Santa Cruz. I believe both should be equal in sound quality but the Game Theater XP has a lot more features.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
now how would the XP compare against the acoustic edge?? I'm getting the Klipsch 5.1 which is 5 spkrs plus sub. There were references saying that the Acoustic edge supported 6 spkrs. I'm not to sure if I'll be needing it and wouldn't want to sacrifice the features of the XP for a feature on the AE that I wouldn't be using.

<font color=red>To <b>HELL</b> with your damned cookie</font color=red>.... :mad: ptooo!! :mad:

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
The Santa Cruz and the XP also support 5.1 surround sound (which is 6 speakers).

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor