Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Which 7850 is best?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 3, 2012 5:26:51 AM

Hello everyone. The replies to my last thread led me to the conclusion that I need a Radeon HD 7850.

Now my problem is finding the best one.

I've narrowed my findings down to three different cards. You can see the Newegg comparison of themhere.

Which one is the best choice?

P.S. I'm also upgrading my power supply to a 600-watt... can anyone find me a 600-watt power supply that will do good, and is priced at or under $69.99? (I found a Corsair 600-watt, and unless someone can find a better one (or cheaper one that is equal), I'll be getting it).

More about : 7850

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
July 3, 2012 5:36:45 AM

My vote goes for SAPPHIRE for dual fans, for psu it is cheaper and good brand.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Related resources
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
July 3, 2012 5:41:57 AM

i'd like to be different but:
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC 2GB Graphics Card Review
Quote:
With the recent launch of the 7800 series, it was no surprise that AMD’s partners were going to start pumping out custom cards and we knew for a fact that Sapphire would be one of the first on this bandwagon. They had the choice of developing a card with a custom PCB, custom cooler or factory overclock.

Now Sapphire could have done any one of these three major things, but decided to lead the market, and not follow it, by doing all of the above. We saw a fantastic card with great performance due to the overclock and an equally impressive cooler which is quiet and keeps temperatures to a minimum. The cooler has a good design to it, and incorporates a dual fan design which allows for the lowest noise output possible while giving a good amount of airflow across the card.
Score
July 3, 2012 5:47:57 AM

@xtreme5 Thanks... I'll probably end up going with that combo? Now one question... will that GPU and PSU, along with this:

AMD A6-3650
Patriot 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 Memory

Play Left 4 Dead (1 & 2), Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops 2, Hitman: Absolution, GTA V, and maybe some BF3 and a little Fallout (3 and NV) on High settings? And think I can push that Sapphire 7850's core clock up to 1,000 MHz?

@bigcyco1 I was going with a 600w minimum so I won't have to worry about upgrading it (well, hopefully) when I buy a new GPU later on. Oh, and can you answer the questions I asked xtreme5 too?

I'm sorry if my last question sounds stupid, but I'm not really that knowledgeable on OC.
Score
a b U Graphics card
July 3, 2012 5:51:05 AM

yes, you can put them together without any problems.
good luck!
Score
July 3, 2012 6:17:06 AM

Wait... does that mean I can get those settings on High and OC it to 1GHz core clock?
Score
a b U Graphics card
July 3, 2012 6:19:25 AM

yeah.
Score
a b U Graphics card
July 3, 2012 6:21:21 AM

sapphire for sure
but wait why are you going with such alow end processor
it will choke on gpu intensive games such as gta v and bottleneck your graphic card
i suggest getting abetter processor
Score
a b U Graphics card
July 3, 2012 6:22:26 AM

panwala95 said:
sapphire for sure
it will choke on gpu intensive games such as gta v and bottleneck your graphic card

not really.
Score
July 3, 2012 6:24:22 AM

panwala95 said:
sapphire for sure

I know that. Unfortunately, I cannot afford both a new CPU AND GPU. And since I'm relying on my APU's integrated GFX, I cannot upgrade my CPU until I get a GPU.

I plan on getting the i5 3570k and a new mobo later.

EDIT: Thanks xtreme5! Best answer. Can't wait to get this in!
Score
July 3, 2012 6:25:16 AM

Best answer selected by reboh79.
Score
a b U Graphics card
July 3, 2012 6:37:21 AM

where i didn't see any bottlenecking.
Score
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
July 3, 2012 6:51:24 AM

xtreme5 said:
where i didn't see any bottlenecking.

:pfff: 
a Llano is nothing more than a tweeted out athlon II with a decent gpu mashed together.
Score
July 3, 2012 7:25:54 AM

This topic has been closed by Amdfangirl
Score
!