Sign in with
Your question

Laptop

Last response: in CPUs
January 5, 2013 6:23:25 PM

Sir,

if i buy a laptop includes 1 Gb dedicated garphics does make any problem in the laptop in future incase of the 1Gb graphic memory damaged or not funcioning properly.

More about : laptop

a c 446 à CPUs
a c 406 D Laptop
a b } Memory
January 5, 2013 11:35:28 PM

VRAM for the dedicated graphics chip cannot be easily replaced if and when it goes bad. It is soldered into the motherboard. Unless you are extremely good at soldering replacing bad VRAM is something that should be left to the repair shop to do.

Generally speaking though, the more important question is which graphics chip are you talking about because all modern laptops with a dedicated graphic chip (or mobile graphics card in some very expensive gaming laptops) have 1GB of VRAM.

There are laptops with 2GB of VRAM, but that is mostly just a waste of money since you don't need that much VRAM until you hit 2560x1440 resolution. I really doubt even the most power laptop graphics card will perform well at that resolution.
January 8, 2013 3:44:20 PM

jaguarskx said:
VRAM for the dedicated graphics chip cannot be easily replaced if and when it goes bad. It is soldered into the motherboard. Unless you are extremely good at soldering replacing bad VRAM is something that should be left to the repair shop to do.

Generally speaking though, the more important question is which graphics chip are you talking about because all modern laptops with a dedicated graphic chip (or mobile graphics card in some very expensive gaming laptops) have 1GB of VRAM.

There are laptops with 2GB of VRAM, but that is mostly just a waste of money since you don't need that much VRAM until you hit 2560x1440 resolution. I really doubt even the most power laptop graphics card will perform well at that resolution.

January 8, 2013 4:02:28 PM

Thank you very much for detailed information. I am planning to buy dell INS 5520 i5 - 3210m model, that model doesn't include any dedicated graphic card . only Intel GMA shared graphics memory available. if my children's try to run any games , will the system stuck as commented by some of viewer's . requesting your advise
!