Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Which 256mb graphic card is best for gaming???

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 3, 2012 7:20:59 AM

I have dell optiplex gx 620 in tower...
cpu Pentium D 3.4ghz
ram=1gb.

builtin gpu...


I m thinking of upgrading my gpu.... and i want suggetions,,

Which 256 mb 16x gpu is best for gaming purpose..
is nvidia 7800 gud for my system...

I am waiting for your reply...
a b U Graphics card
July 3, 2012 7:41:49 AM

lmao !!! your so funny .. something like that would barely run most dx 9 games .. lead alone 10 or 11 .. but all joking aside your better off buying a better system im guessing thats a pentium 4 .. not trying to make fun here but im going to say you would get better performance out gt520 .. if it would work with your system.. 512 mb of ram what kind of games are you looking to play?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
July 3, 2012 7:46:04 AM

@goodguy713, everyone just not richer like you people may be he don't have money for the new system that is why he is improving his current build. just answer according to the question don't put your extra discussion.

@deadEYE_X, how much you are willing to spend on a graphics card also upgrade your ram upto 3gb.
Share
Related resources
July 3, 2012 7:51:06 AM

There is no sense in upgrading this old machine.
Also didn't pick any card with only 256MB.

If you still insist try with Radeon 6670. i.e:

@69 USD => 50USD after rebate GIGABYTE Radeon HD 6670
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It will big difference from integrated.

Please tell your budget and what else you want to upgrade?
Could you also check how much power your PSU have?
Is this CPU normal Pentium 4 or dual core?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 3, 2012 7:53:08 AM

no seriously i looked at the system specs for that .. he could get a gt 520 as long as he has a 16x pci express slot .. it wont matter .. also consider adding 1 gb of ram parts for that kind of computer are cheap and easy to come by
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 3, 2012 7:59:34 AM

the problem is if its a low profile computer your going to have a hard time finding a power supply that would support a graphics card like that at least 320 watts .. im pretty sure thats what most of those dells came with i have fixed more then my fair share of them .. there not bad computers great work horse computers .. as far as grapics are concerned though could try gutting it and taking the mobo out and all the innards and put it in to a mid tower case with a better power supply .. lol but then your going to spend way to much money on something like that.. but 6670 like he said or a gt520 / gt530 would work probobly with a 400watt powersupply
m
0
l
July 4, 2012 5:10:45 AM

Best answer selected by deadeye_X.
m
0
l
July 4, 2012 5:14:34 AM

xtreme5 said:
@goodguy713, everyone just not richer like you people may be he don't have money for the new system that is why he is improving his current build. just answer according to the question don't put your extra discussion.

@deadEYE_X, how much you are willing to spend on a graphics card also upgrade your ram upto 3gb.


thanx for your advice bro....
i hv about 70 to 80$ to spend...

wt do u say about nvidia 7800...
m
0
l
July 4, 2012 5:17:24 AM

lol....
U prople r so funny...
1st you read my description,,, it says about 16x 256mb gpu... not 1 gb ...
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 91 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
July 4, 2012 5:29:19 AM

deadeye_X said:
lol....
U prople r so funny...
1st you read my description,,, it says about 16x 256mb gpu... not 1 gb ...

Why do you insist on a 256mb card? Is it for some special application? 256 sure isn't enough for modern games
m
0
l
July 4, 2012 5:47:37 AM

vmem said:
Why do you insist on a 256mb card? Is it for some special application? 256 sure isn't enough for modern games


i knw with these specs... no modern game would be played...
I just want to play games of 2009/10...
kindly suggest a card which is most compatable and max game performance...
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 91 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
July 4, 2012 5:51:38 AM

I honestly recommend similar to the others, a gt520 would be a good pick
m
0
l
July 4, 2012 5:53:19 AM

maciejkpl said:
There is no sense in upgrading this old machine.
Also didn't pick any card with only 256MB.

If you still insist try with Radeon 6670. i.e:

@69 USD => 50USD after rebate GIGABYTE Radeon HD 6670
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It will big difference from integrated.

Please tell your budget and what else you want to upgrade?
Could you also check how much power your PSU have?
Is this CPU normal Pentium 4 or dual core?



i hv 70-80$ to spend...
I hav pentium D... 3.4ghz..

and hw about nvidia 7800..
is it gud for my system...
m
0
l
July 4, 2012 5:57:34 AM

vmem said:
I honestly recommend similar to the others, a gt520 would be a good pick


Wat do u say about nvidia 7800...
is it gud for my system...???
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 91 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
July 4, 2012 6:02:11 AM

Can't say, never owned or build anything similar
m
0
l
!