3570 vs 2500

G

Hi
I'm making a new gaming pc and i'm stuck in choosing a 3570 or 2500. Cause i keep hearing different comment.
If you guys chould give me a hand, it would be great.

Note: You can consider saving money too. Or if you think there is a better option, lets hear it.

Solution
The temps are going to be about the same at stock, it's when overclocking that IB starts to heat up noticeably more. The 3570 would be my choice. It's 5-10% faster per clock and uses less power.

X is for extreme, pretty much the same as k but denotes the highest model. 3570k is currently only $5 more than the non k so is well worth it imo.

quinny31191

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
The "k" at the end of the processor name means that it is fully unlocked, which means that you can overclock the CPU without any limitations, unlike the unlocked versions which only allow a maximum of what the turbo-clock allows which is usually 3.8GHz.

havene123

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
The 3570 runs hotter than the 2500, the differences are not noticeable. But if temps matter to you then get the I5 2500. I have one and love it.

Also, unless you're super serious gamer, Just stick with the non K variant, it's cheaper and will be perfect for gaming ;)

The temps are going to be about the same at stock, it's when overclocking that IB starts to heat up noticeably more. The 3570 would be my choice. It's 5-10% faster per clock and uses less power.

X is for extreme, pretty much the same as k but denotes the highest model. 3570k is currently only $5 more than the non k so is well worth it imo.

Solution
I classify overclocking as "above stock speed" and turbo is a stock speed. Think of turbo as a variable max speed. Raising the voltage has a greater affect on temps on IB than SB. So a small overclock is only going to be a little higher. The bigger the oc, the greater the difference in temp.

Because of the temp difference and the performance increase of IB, both cpus overclocked would be similar performance. You'd oc both until you hit high temps, for example 4.2 on a 3570k and 4.5 on a 2500k. So with the same performance (although different speeds) I'd go with IB still for lower power consumption.