Sign in with
Your question

Need advice for a build

Last response: in Systems
August 22, 2012 4:18:43 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: A couple weeks maybe.

Budget Range: Its complicated. But it seems to be around 1400~1600 us dollars. (I will be buying the pieces on Brazil and over here, the importation taxes are kinda.. extreme.. )

System Usage from Most to Least Important: games, internet, movies

Parts Not Required: Hard drive, Mice, Headphones/Speakers, Win7

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: none?

Parts Preferences: None at all

Overclocking: Never done it, and to be completely honest, am kinda wary of doing it. But maybe I will give it a try.

SLI or Crossfire: Probably not. Mind, not saying never...

Additional Comments: Its been too long since I last upgraded or built a computer, that and a certain lack of interest made me kinda foreign to technical aspects of almost everything.

Anyhow. This is what Im thinking about geting:

Corsair Carbide Series 300R Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
I like things looking simplistic, and this item achieves that. I do wonder, though, if there are better options out there. Also, the PSU placement at the bottom of the case - is it a good thing?
I really lack knowledge about computer cases and would welcome alternatives to this one, be it for better looks or quality

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
This seems to be the standard rec for intel oriented mobos. Im actually clueless about this choice.

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11D-8GBSR

GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
Overkill? Lackluster?

23IN WS LCD 1920X1080 IPS236V-PN DVI/VGA/HDMI GLSSBLK 5MS
Very unsure about this one. Although I will certainly not be getting a 3d one.

I should note that in Brazil, most of these items are way more expensive than the price on those websites. Importion taxes et all. Most notably the SSD drive - Which is why I wont get one with bigger storage

Now, If I havent forgotten anything only the keyboard remains.

I have no idea whatsoever about what I should be looking at when getting a gaming keyboard (cherry mx brown/red/black.. !?).. So I once again ask for recs on good ones. (please keep in mind my taste for simplistic things :) )

/edit I suppose I will also need a cooler for the CPU, right? Any suggestions?

More about : advice build

August 22, 2012 4:27:47 AM

If I am not mistaking you are missing a CPU (i5-3570k), you will also need an optical drive(cheap $15 one, more expensive for Blu-Ray) and OS (Windows 7) cherry mx red is reviewed best for gaming, and blue for typing. Mostly it's personal preference.
m
l
August 22, 2012 4:42:57 AM

MaidenBoots said:
If I am not mistaking you are missing a CPU (i5-3570k), you will also need an optical drive(cheap $15 one, more expensive for Blu-Ray) and OS (Windows 7) cherry mx red is reviewed best for gaming, and blue for typing. Mostly it's personal preference.

I knew I would leave something out. Heh. I fixed the original post. And I already have Win7 home premium.
m
l
Related resources
August 22, 2012 4:47:50 AM

CPU cooler- Cooler Master Hyper Evo will be good
Also EVGA has a 670 FTW edition that I ordered with great reviews

Everything else looks pretty good
m
l
August 22, 2012 9:35:38 AM

I think I ought to tone down the PSU a bit.

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
This one should be enough for my system, right? Although now that I think about it.. The diference in price small enough that I should just grab the TX750...

And regarding the version of the GTX670, Im 'stuck' with the Gigabyte one I linked. Its the best version I have acess to, im afraid.

If anyone would be so kind as to offer opnions regarding my choice of monitor? I really have no idea what to think of it.
m
l
!