Sign in with
Your question

Sapphire Radeon 6670 Installation Help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 3, 2012 8:39:00 AM

I have a Gateway DX4320-04e and I recently upgraded the psu to a corsair 430w to use this card but upon installation the monitor stays black. The cards fans spin and the computer turns on its just that for some reason my pc doesnt recognize it
a b U Graphics card
July 3, 2012 9:54:17 AM

hey,

Did you install everything correctly, make sure your psu was correctly installed and try with your old graphics card, or if you have integrated graphics make sure you have your hd 6670 unplugged and see if it works. If it works, then uninstall your drivers and then install your hd6670 in a pcie slot either x8 or x16 is fine. The hd6670 is a low profile card so you don't need any additional connectors for it, it simply draws power from from the pcie slot. After you have inserted the card and you log into windows install the drivers from the included CD or download them online.

Hope this helps!
m
l
July 3, 2012 5:37:06 PM

fil1p said:
hey,

Did you install everything correctly, make sure your psu was correctly installed and try with your old graphics card, or if you have integrated graphics make sure you have your hd 6670 unplugged and see if it works. If it works, then uninstall your drivers and then install your hd6670 in a pcie slot either x8 or x16 is fine. The hd6670 is a low profile card so you don't need any additional connectors for it, it simply draws power from from the pcie slot. After you have inserted the card and you log into windows install the drivers from the included CD or download them online.

Hope this helps!

Yeah my PSU is installed correctly and my old graphics card works fine and my integrated graphics card also. When I install the 6670 my computer monitor remains black and blank.
m
l
Related resources
December 25, 2013 3:04:33 PM

supersal said:
I have a Gateway DX4320-04e and I recently upgraded the psu to a corsair 430w to use this card but upon installation the monitor stays black. The cards fans spin and the computer turns on its just that for some reason my pc doesnt recognize it

Hi there,
Did you find a solution to this? I have had similar issue with installing a Radeon hd6670......

Regards,

CG.
m
l
!