Black Ops 2 when recording is at 60fps but sometimes drops to 20fps!

Hello everyone, I'm a 15 year old gamer who has just built his first rig. I have recently bought the latest addition to the Call Of Duty Franchise: Black Ops 2. I have started recording the game with Fraps and it has been at a stable figure of 60 fps, however, after about a few minutes of recording it dropped to about 20fps for at least 5 seconds or so.

People have said to be this could be a bottleneck, but I'm thinking to myself: "It can't be a bottleneck, it only happens when I'm recording. When I'm not recording it's fine.".

I provided a video so you can see what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsGSX6TNcao

My system specifications:
- AMD FX 8350 4.2ghz - CPU
- AMD Radeon HD 7870 Ghz Edition - GPU
- Hitachi HDS721010DLE630 7200 rpm/32mb Cache/1tb - HDD
- 16gb Patriot 1333mhz - Ram
- Corsair HX750 750w/Semi-Modular - PSU
- ASUS M5A78L-M/USB-3 Micro Atx - Motherboard

Thank you to anyone who has read this thread, I hope I can get a working answer!

Cheers,
TechTeen
2 answers Last reply
More about black recording 60fps drops 20fps
  1. Use MSI Afterburner to record.

Recording performance is based a lot on drive speed. The best possible method is to play the game on one drive and record onto another one. If you can buy a USB 3.0 external drive you should be fine when recording B02.

The FPS drop could also be FRAPS writing two different videos, fraps records seperate 3.9GB files. That's why I use MSI Afterburner to record because it offers better usability and options.
  2. That is usually normal for recording with FRAPS. Try changing the resolution of the game to 1280x720 that solved the problem for me when that used to happen.
Ask a new question

Read More

Components