Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Why is my i7-3770K, not overclocked, is reaching temps of 50C.

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 5, 2013 9:18:24 PM

I have a hyper master cooler 212 evo, my cpu is not overclocked, and I am not running any games - I am just running a virtual machine, IE, firefox, SpeedFan, emacs, console, and that's it, along with my OS Windows 8. From what I read the cooler master should keep the temps to around 30C? But I am way up in the 45C to 55C range on all of my cores. I even turned my fan controller up to high and it is quite noisy with the fans running that loud. Also, I don't know if this is useful, but I just build the machine a day ago. So I am basically wondering if this is normal, and if not, what should I do? I applied the thermal paste by putting a small dot on the CPU and spreading it around with the heatsink to avoid airbubbles, so I think that part is good...

Best solution

January 5, 2013 9:59:37 PM

My i5 3570K runs at those kind of temperatures and I'm not overclocking either. I read somewhere that Ivybridge processors have a tendency to run quite hot. The hottest the processor is designed to run to is 105C so you don't have anything to worry about.
January 5, 2013 11:51:12 PM

Best answer selected by Ghost_Me.
m
l
January 5, 2013 11:51:26 PM

Alright, thanks for letting me know. I got worried it was running a little hot or something.
m
l
!