Strangest thing in Word 97

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Has anyone suffered from this problem before?

Type something in Word 97, change the font.. to Windings 2, save it.. close it, open it again.. and try setting the font back to a readable one... it displays boxes!!! No surprise to find a bug on Word 97, but is there any chance of retrieval.. a decent retrieval that is..??? Opening the file on a HEX editor reveals that your original text is there.. deep within the file. Any suggestions really appreciated.

/---------------------------------------/
Be and let others be as well!
<b>The Dark-Knight</b>

G

Dosent suprise me dude, did you know there is a flight sim in Excel 97?

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I never found a flight sim in Excel 97, but I did play a doom-like game in Excel -- I think it was the 95 version...

anyhoo, this post reminds me of those people that go to the doctor and say "it hurts when I do this" -- "well don't DO that anymore, then!":)

Why in the world would you type apparently important text, convert it to unreadable Windings, decrease it to size 2, save it, and open it up again and try to read it?
I'm mistyfied :)
(unless, of course, you have younger siblings or kids... in which case, never mind, no explanation neccessary:)

hammerhead

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Copied the following from some site devoted to this stuff.

If you go to www.eastereggs.com they have loads of links to sites with info on accessing easter eggs.

Surprising how many there are.

1. On a new Worksheet, Press F5
2. Type X97:L97 and hit enter
3. Press the tab key
4.On a new Worksheet, Press F5 2.Type X97:L97 and hit enter 3.Press the tab key 4.Hold Ctrl-Shift 5.Click on the Chart Wizard toolbar button
6. Use mouse to fly ar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts