Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows 7 media player problem

Last response: in Windows 7
May 23, 2009 5:01:03 PM

hi friends,
does anyone experience this problem??? windows 7 works fine for me..but now it has some problem in playing any media in the wiondows media player...i dono wat happened to my windows7..i dwnloaded windows7 from microsoft site....but i cant play any of my media in my pc...even media player classis is not playing any medias...as soon as i play a media in windows media player or media player classic....it closes and leaves a message "windows media player has experienced a problem and closes now immediately......

pls someone pls help me..i cudnt play any media files...even mp3s ...
a b $ Windows 7
May 23, 2009 5:37:59 PM

Probably your sound drivers are corrupt.
m
l
May 24, 2009 2:58:46 AM

thanks for ur immediate response Daship...ok i wll try uninstalling the audio drivers and reinstall them again...lets see if the problem solves...
btw my mobo is asus p5ql pro..can anyone get me the proper audio driver for this mobo.....cos i cant install the driver cd from the asus manufacturer...windows 7 doesnt alow to install any driver from the cd...it automatically installs by searchin for drivers on net..
m
l
Related resources
May 27, 2009 4:35:10 AM

ive tried reinstalling sound drivers also...but no use....my windows media player closes unexpectedly leaving me a msg "media player has encountereda problem and close now...we will get u a solution as soon as we get the problem solved"

now i reinstalled my media plyer classis and its ok...am using only media player..my window player is history....does anyone have this problem..pls reply.......
m
l

Best solution

May 27, 2009 4:48:52 PM

btw my mobo is asus p5ql pro..can anyone get me the proper audio driver for this mobo.....cos i cant install the driver cd from the asus manufacturer...windows 7 doesnt alow to install any driver from the cd...it automatically installs by searchin for drivers on net..[/quotemsg said:

use vista drivers when you can't find win7 drivers
http://www.asus.com/Product.aspx?P_ID=YYermRswb7n46yAX
January 12, 2010 5:30:12 PM

Dude! go to the Asus website(which you have highlighted on the bottom of your post)and click on the download part(i have a P55-GD80 but chose not to install the audio drivers sence my W7-64bit its a little touchy about having windows audio drivers and MSI's ADs(the sound starts screeching when playing files or games or videos for a period of time) and any ways windows audio drivers just sound better)and downlaod them from there try downloading the MB drivers too. But if i were you i would Re-install from the W7-CD(provided that you bought one) and try not to download the Asus ADs (i think they conflict with the windows ADs like they did on my MB and yeah it happened every time i installed them).
m
l
October 28, 2010 5:32:20 PM

Re installation of your driver is not only the possible fix for this kind of problem. Sometimes, you also need to check whether you've got the latest driver. In addition, may not be able to play videos unless your WMP is set as the default program, so make sure you set WMP to default. Here is a more detailed approach to deal with windows media player problem.
m
l
!