[SOLVED] 20 iMac Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicman48

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Hello, My 20" iMac running 10.5.8 which had problems was 'fixed' by the supplier. But it still freezes, sometimes on start-up and sometimes while working on the internet via Safari. I have NO Microsoft software on the computer at all. Anyone had similar? Any ideas?

Solution
I'm not the best at troubleshooting Macs. Simply because it doesn't come up much. They do one thing very well, they work!

Remove any third party hardware, do a fresh install, and get all the updates after install. If it still freezes with every piece of hardware and software 100% factory, take it back and make them fix it right. Macs should always work out of the box because all drivers and software are designed for their particular hardware.... So make sure you're not running any third party drivers that operate at ring 0.

rdc363

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
I'm not the best at troubleshooting Macs. Simply because it doesn't come up much. They do one thing very well, they work!

Remove any third party hardware, do a fresh install, and get all the updates after install. If it still freezes with every piece of hardware and software 100% factory, take it back and make them fix it right. Macs should always work out of the box because all drivers and software are designed for their particular hardware.... So make sure you're not running any third party drivers that operate at ring 0.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.