BF 1 and 2 needs a Binaries group

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Why? because of the hassle you have to go through to download maps,
mods, patches and everything else to do with old and the coming to a
store near you Bf2
26 answers Last reply
More about binaries group
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Alleged Accomplice wrote:
    > Why? because of the hassle you have to go through to download maps,
    > mods, patches and everything else to do with old and the coming to a
    > store near you Bf2

    Alleged Accomplice wrote:
    > Why? because of the hassle you have to go through to download maps,
    > mods, patches and everything else to do with old and the coming to a
    > store near you Bf2

    theres plenty of good free file servers out there.
    admitedly some have queues, and can be a bit slow,
    but over night downloading works well for large mod files.
    Many lists and info on how to find them on many clan websites and forums.
    our clan AGB www.agbgaming.com has a 'mod'section moderated by myself,
    and we also have a map section, plus assorted other BF resource sections.
    many other listing sites out there too.
    and all the decent mods have file mirror lists,

    http://www.agbgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101
    http://www.bfcentral.se/?s=mod_list
    http://www.fileplanet.com/91309/0/section/Gameplay
    http://www.planetbattlefield.com/battlefieldsingleplayer/mods.asp
    http://www.planetbattlefield.com/battlefieldsingleplayer/maps.asp
    http://www.gaming4all.net/de/www7.html
    http://battlefield1942.filefront.com/
    http://moddb.com/
    http://vol.to/


    also google search for the name of the mod or map you are after,
    you will find a place where you can downlaod it.

    regards [AGB] malcolm

    PS; anybody else got any good and or fast file server link ,
    post a reply with details.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 06:15:56 GMT, malcolm <m.tamblynREMOVE@mchsi.com>
    wrote:

    >Alleged Accomplice wrote:
    >> Why? because of the hassle you have to go through to download maps,
    >> mods, patches and everything else to do with old and the coming to a
    >> store near you Bf2
    >
    >Alleged Accomplice wrote:
    > > Why? because of the hassle you have to go through to download maps,
    > > mods, patches and everything else to do with old and the coming to a
    > > store near you Bf2
    >
    >theres plenty of good free file servers out there.
    >admitedly some have queues, and can be a bit slow,
    >but over night downloading works well for large mod files.
    >Many lists and info on how to find them on many clan websites and forums.
    >our clan AGB www.agbgaming.com has a 'mod'section moderated by myself,
    >and we also have a map section, plus assorted other BF resource sections.
    >many other listing sites out there too.
    >and all the decent mods have file mirror lists,
    >
    >http://www.agbgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101
    >http://www.bfcentral.se/?s=mod_list
    >http://www.fileplanet.com/91309/0/section/Gameplay
    >http://www.planetbattlefield.com/battlefieldsingleplayer/mods.asp
    >http://www.planetbattlefield.com/battlefieldsingleplayer/maps.asp
    >http://www.gaming4all.net/de/www7.html
    >http://battlefield1942.filefront.com/
    >http://moddb.com/
    >http://vol.to/
    >
    >
    >also google search for the name of the mod or map you are after,
    >you will find a place where you can downlaod it.
    >
    >regards [AGB] malcolm
    >
    >PS; anybody else got any good and or fast file server link ,
    >post a reply with details.


    theres plenty of good free file servers out there.
    >admitedly some have queues, and can be a bit slow,
    >but over night downloading works well for large mod files.

    Thats just it, I have a cable, like most of you who play online and
    yet it's slow as hell to get the maps and the mods and patches. It
    just kinda seems stupid to do an all night download when I could get
    it out of a newsgroup a hell of alot faster. Don't get me wrong I damn
    sure appreciate all of the work and expense you and others go to. Just
    like I appreciated those who put all the work into Close Combat 3 maps
    and mods and some who I think are still doing so for a game that I
    can't find anyone to play against anymore. Without them that game
    would have died a year or 2 after it came out and without people like
    you BF would have been done long ago. I am dreading, in a way, the
    next time it's time to update Forgotten Hope, it's bound to be a 2 gig
    download this next time. I can pull 10 65 minute pornos off a
    newsgroup in less time than it's gonna take to get the new FH from a
    website. Not that I would ever look at porn mind you, lol.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 06:15:56 GMT, malcolm <m.tamblynREMOVE@mchsi.com>
    wrote:

    >Alleged Accomplice wrote:
    >> Why? because of the hassle you have to go through to download maps,
    >> mods, patches and everything else to do with old and the coming to a
    >> store near you Bf2
    >
    >Alleged Accomplice wrote:
    > > Why? because of the hassle you have to go through to download maps,
    > > mods, patches and everything else to do with old and the coming to a
    > > store near you Bf2
    >
    >theres plenty of good free file servers out there.
    >admitedly some have queues, and can be a bit slow,
    >but over night downloading works well for large mod files.
    >Many lists and info on how to find them on many clan websites and forums.
    >our clan AGB www.agbgaming.com has a 'mod'section moderated by myself,
    >and we also have a map section, plus assorted other BF resource sections.
    >many other listing sites out there too.
    >and all the decent mods have file mirror lists,
    >
    >http://www.agbgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101
    >http://www.bfcentral.se/?s=mod_list
    >http://www.fileplanet.com/91309/0/section/Gameplay
    >http://www.planetbattlefield.com/battlefieldsingleplayer/mods.asp
    >http://www.planetbattlefield.com/battlefieldsingleplayer/maps.asp
    >http://www.gaming4all.net/de/www7.html
    >http://battlefield1942.filefront.com/
    >http://moddb.com/
    >http://vol.to/
    >
    >
    >also google search for the name of the mod or map you are after,
    >you will find a place where you can downlaod it.
    >
    >regards [AGB] malcolm
    >
    >PS; anybody else got any good and or fast file server link ,
    >post a reply with details.

    I meant to thank you for the links before I got into it with Andrew,
    so here it is , Thank you very much. I should know better than to
    argue on usenet, one of the first messages I ever read on it was,
    Arguing with someone on usenet is like competing in the special
    olympics, even if you win your still retarded.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 05:07:01 -0500, Alleged Accomplice
    <my_ass@my_chair.com> wrote:

    >First off you obviously didn't read it all, second off what the hell
    >differnce does it make what I set the FU setting to, you obviously
    >managed to reply. Maybe I should have set it to follow up in hell.

    *plonk* for being terminally frigging stupid and selfish.
    --
    Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
    Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
    please don't top post. Trim replies to quote only relevant text.
    Check groups.google.com before asking an obvious question.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 10:11:25 GMT, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote:

    >On Wed, 11 May 2005 05:07:01 -0500, Alleged Accomplice
    ><my_ass@my_chair.com> wrote:
    >
    >>First off you obviously didn't read it all, second off what the hell
    >>differnce does it make what I set the FU setting to, you obviously
    >>managed to reply. Maybe I should have set it to follow up in hell.
    >
    >*plonk* for being terminally frigging stupid and selfish.

    Yes thats the ultimate response of crybabies when they are wrong,
    plonk. Like someone would who doesn't know you would care whether you
    kill file them or not
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    >>>>> "Alleged" == Alleged Accomplice <my_ass@my_chair.com> writes:

    Alleged> Yes thats the ultimate response of crybabies when they are
    Alleged> wrong, plonk. Like someone would who doesn't know you would
    Alleged> care whether you kill file them or not

    No, *you* are just wrong.

    Usenet is text-based, so you can only transfer 7 bits per character.
    This means the files will be 1/7th larger in order to transfer the
    same amount of binary data.

    Also, you have no idea what kind of virii could be in a usenet binary
    group. Getting binary files from reputable web sites is much safer.

    --
    Michael Bain
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    malcolm <m.tamblynREMOVE@mchsi.com> Spoke about news:wqhge.71336$NU4.41311
    @attbi_s22:

    <snip>
    > regards [AGB] malcolm
    >
    > PS; anybody else got any good and or fast file server link ,
    > post a reply with details.

    File front, [ www.filefront.com ], has a good many mods/maps/etc for tons
    of games. Granted it is not a complete listing, but I've found I get good
    transfer rates using them.
    They have dumped their subscription service but still "put you in line" to
    download, however, I've found I've never had to wait for more than 2min,
    and most of the time, there is no wait. They also offer 5 mirror sites to
    choose from. Try them all and see which one gives you the best transfer
    rate.

    MrToad
    aka {AGB}Weisses Fleisch
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <2rn381t5ro3fuu4j742km418e361b8ekaj@4ax.com>, my_ass@my_chair.com
    says...
    > I meant to thank you for the links before I got into it with Andrew,
    > so here it is , Thank you very much. I should know better than to
    > argue on usenet, one of the first messages I ever read on it was,
    > Arguing with someone on usenet is like competing in the special
    > olympics, even if you win your still retarded.
    >
    hehehe....
    Can i borrow some of your lines for my signature?
    --
    Best regards, Tiny Pat
    Arguing with someone on usenet is like competing in the special
    olympics, even if you win your still retarded.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Michael Bain wrote:
    >>>>>>"Alleged" == Alleged Accomplice <my_ass@my_chair.com> writes:
    >
    >
    > Alleged> Yes thats the ultimate response of crybabies when they are
    > Alleged> wrong, plonk. Like someone would who doesn't know you would
    > Alleged> care whether you kill file them or not
    >
    > No, *you* are just wrong.
    >
    > Usenet is text-based, so you can only transfer 7 bits per character.
    > This means the files will be 1/7th larger in order to transfer the
    > same amount of binary data.
    >
    > Also, you have no idea what kind of virii could be in a usenet binary
    > group. Getting binary files from reputable web sites is much safer.

    Anyway up- or downloading for instance Forgotten Hope (1.7 Gb at last
    count) as numerous newsgroup messages is not exactly the most feasible
    approach.

    I am deeply annoyed by all the sites that require you to use various ftp
    -servers where you have to wait in a queue. I hope a good BF-site will
    emerge, where most BF-files can be downloaded using bittorrent.

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 09:41:58 +0200, Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen
    <nospam@nospam.no> wrote:

    >Michael Bain wrote:
    >>>>>>>"Alleged" == Alleged Accomplice <my_ass@my_chair.com> writes:
    >>
    >>
    >> Alleged> Yes thats the ultimate response of crybabies when they are
    >> Alleged> wrong, plonk. Like someone would who doesn't know you would
    >> Alleged> care whether you kill file them or not
    >>
    >> No, *you* are just wrong.
    >>
    >> Usenet is text-based, so you can only transfer 7 bits per character.
    >> This means the files will be 1/7th larger in order to transfer the
    >> same amount of binary data.
    >>
    >> Also, you have no idea what kind of virii could be in a usenet binary
    >> group. Getting binary files from reputable web sites is much safer.
    >
    >Anyway up- or downloading for instance Forgotten Hope (1.7 Gb at last
    >count) as numerous newsgroup messages is not exactly the most feasible
    >approach.
    >
    >I am deeply annoyed by all the sites that require you to use various ftp
    >-servers where you have to wait in a queue. I hope a good BF-site will
    >emerge, where most BF-files can be downloaded using bittorrent.
    >
    >regards,
    >
    >Achtung Ecco


    Do you guys actually download off of usenet/newsgroups or not? I ask
    because I've always been able to download movies, programs and the
    like faster off usenet/newsgroups.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 09:41:58 +0200, Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen
    <nospam@nospam.no> wrote:

    >Michael Bain wrote:
    >>>>>>>"Alleged" == Alleged Accomplice <my_ass@my_chair.com> writes:
    >>
    >>
    >> Alleged> Yes thats the ultimate response of crybabies when they are
    >> Alleged> wrong, plonk. Like someone would who doesn't know you would
    >> Alleged> care whether you kill file them or not
    >>
    >> No, *you* are just wrong.
    >>
    >> Usenet is text-based, so you can only transfer 7 bits per character.
    >> This means the files will be 1/7th larger in order to transfer the
    >> same amount of binary data.
    >>
    >> Also, you have no idea what kind of virii could be in a usenet binary
    >> group. Getting binary files from reputable web sites is much safer.
    >
    >Anyway up- or downloading for instance Forgotten Hope (1.7 Gb at last
    >count) as numerous newsgroup messages is not exactly the most feasible
    >approach.
    >
    >I am deeply annoyed by all the sites that require you to use various ftp
    >-servers where you have to wait in a queue. I hope a good BF-site will
    >emerge, where most BF-files can be downloaded using bittorrent.
    >
    >regards,
    >
    >Achtung Ecco

    Do you guys actually download off of usenet/newsgroups or not? I ask
    because I've always been able to download movies, programs and the
    like faster off usenet/newsgroups.


    Oh yeah I forgot to address the 1.7 gig that Fh is going to be. The
    movies and programs I download are always rar files broken up into
    pieces that automatically go back together when they are saved, yeah
    I'm sure you knew that. Hell you can download photoshop in it's
    entirety and it doesn't take as long as downloading FH off a website.
    Theirs a reason they have internet2, it's because the other one is so
    slow and crowded.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    >>>>> "Alleged" == Alleged Accomplice <my_ass@my_chair.com> writes:

    Alleged> Do you guys actually download off of usenet/newsgroups or not? I ask
    Alleged> because I've always been able to download movies, programs and the
    Alleged> like faster off usenet/newsgroups.

    Alleged> Oh yeah I forgot to address the 1.7 gig that Fh is going to be. The
    Alleged> movies and programs I download are always rar files broken up into
    Alleged> pieces that automatically go back together when they are saved, yeah
    Alleged> I'm sure you knew that. Hell you can download photoshop in it's
    Alleged> entirety and it doesn't take as long as downloading FH off a website.
    Alleged> Theirs a reason they have internet2, it's because the other one is so
    Alleged> slow and crowded.

    The last time I tried to download porn through binary groups, half of
    the downloads failed because of missing posts. It was unreliable.

    I don't get why RAR is used. Windows can handle zip files. RAR means
    I need to download/buy yet another program, but it seems to be popular
    with the hacks/cheats/sw ripoff criminal crowd.

    --
    Michael Bain
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <scv681ltra5jdqvbef4ht0h2fsitcu230m@4ax.com>,
    my_ass@my_chair.com says...
    > On Thu, 12 May 2005 09:41:58 +0200, Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen
    > <nospam@nospam.no> wrote:
    >
    > >Michael Bain wrote:
    > >>>>>>>"Alleged" == Alleged Accomplice <my_ass@my_chair.com> writes:
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> Alleged> Yes thats the ultimate response of crybabies when they are
    > >> Alleged> wrong, plonk. Like someone would who doesn't know you would
    > >> Alleged> care whether you kill file them or not
    > >>
    > >> No, *you* are just wrong.
    > >>
    > >> Usenet is text-based, so you can only transfer 7 bits per character.
    > >> This means the files will be 1/7th larger in order to transfer the
    > >> same amount of binary data.
    > >>
    > >> Also, you have no idea what kind of virii could be in a usenet binary
    > >> group. Getting binary files from reputable web sites is much safer.
    > >
    > >Anyway up- or downloading for instance Forgotten Hope (1.7 Gb at last
    > >count) as numerous newsgroup messages is not exactly the most feasible
    > >approach.
    > >
    > >I am deeply annoyed by all the sites that require you to use various ftp
    > >-servers where you have to wait in a queue. I hope a good BF-site will
    > >emerge, where most BF-files can be downloaded using bittorrent.
    > >
    > >regards,
    > >
    > >Achtung Ecco
    >
    > Do you guys actually download off of usenet/newsgroups or not? I ask
    > because I've always been able to download movies, programs and the
    > like faster off usenet/newsgroups.
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh yeah I forgot to address the 1.7 gig that Fh is going to be. The
    > movies and programs I download are always rar files broken up into
    > pieces that automatically go back together when they are saved, yeah
    > I'm sure you knew that. Hell you can download photoshop in it's
    > entirety and it doesn't take as long as downloading FH off a website.
    > Theirs a reason they have internet2, it's because the other one is so
    > slow and crowded.
    >
    >


    dude, you're lost. the very best usenet server won't allow downloads as
    fast as the best web server. usenet, as explained to you earlier, adds
    content to the download size. we can't help it if you don't understand
    the technology, which you clearly do not, considering your "internet2"
    statement above. there's no "internet2". they're all connected through
    the same fiber, over the same distances, etc, using the basic tcp/ip
    stack. "binary" groups is just a designation and nothing else. the
    transfers are still ascii, basic text, with file-headers that allow them
    to be transformed AFTER downloading, into a binary file.

    where binary groups allows folks to post files "broken up" and "for all
    to see", they have (by design) a limited lifetime. the files are not
    there "forever", such as non-binary-groups (text) are kept by archive
    usenet servers such as google. web servers however, keep the files for
    as long as needed and are available for as long as the web admin sees
    fit.

    if you want faster downloads, get a paid account with file planet. i
    did. there's no waiting, it doesn't cost much (i think i pay something
    like $3.99 a month). no waiting, fast speeds and all the files (for
    battlefield) i'd ever want.


    /CF
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 11:43:43 -0700, Michael Bain
    <poppa@wetleather.com> wrote:

    >>>>>> "Alleged" == Alleged Accomplice <my_ass@my_chair.com> writes:
    >
    >Alleged> Do you guys actually download off of usenet/newsgroups or not? I ask
    >Alleged> because I've always been able to download movies, programs and the
    >Alleged> like faster off usenet/newsgroups.
    >
    >Alleged> Oh yeah I forgot to address the 1.7 gig that Fh is going to be. The
    >Alleged> movies and programs I download are always rar files broken up into
    >Alleged> pieces that automatically go back together when they are saved, yeah
    >Alleged> I'm sure you knew that. Hell you can download photoshop in it's
    >Alleged> entirety and it doesn't take as long as downloading FH off a website.
    >Alleged> Theirs a reason they have internet2, it's because the other one is so
    >Alleged> slow and crowded.
    >
    >The last time I tried to download porn through binary groups, half of
    >the downloads failed because of missing posts. It was unreliable.
    >
    >I don't get why RAR is used. Windows can handle zip files. RAR means
    >I need to download/buy yet another program, but it seems to be popular
    >with the hacks/cheats/sw ripoff criminal crowd.

    Obviously you did not know what you were doing, get news account, no
    not the one your internet provider lets you have, those are slow as
    hell. They have par files now, fixes the missing parts but then I
    haven't had as many missing files as you have apparently so maybe it's
    not for you.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 11:43:43 -0700, Michael Bain
    <poppa@wetleather.com> wrote:

    >>>>>> "Alleged" == Alleged Accomplice <my_ass@my_chair.com> writes:
    >
    >Alleged> Do you guys actually download off of usenet/newsgroups or not? I ask
    >Alleged> because I've always been able to download movies, programs and the
    >Alleged> like faster off usenet/newsgroups.
    >
    >Alleged> Oh yeah I forgot to address the 1.7 gig that Fh is going to be. The
    >Alleged> movies and programs I download are always rar files broken up into
    >Alleged> pieces that automatically go back together when they are saved, yeah
    >Alleged> I'm sure you knew that. Hell you can download photoshop in it's
    >Alleged> entirety and it doesn't take as long as downloading FH off a website.
    >Alleged> Theirs a reason they have internet2, it's because the other one is so
    >Alleged> slow and crowded.
    >
    >The last time I tried to download porn through binary groups, half of
    >the downloads failed because of missing posts. It was unreliable.
    >
    >I don't get why RAR is used. Windows can handle zip files. RAR means
    >I need to download/buy yet another program, but it seems to be popular
    >with the hacks/cheats/sw ripoff criminal crowd.

    Yes software is ripped off, but my winrar is the trial version that
    for some reason never has an end to the trial period. Rar, from what
    little I've checked, compresses much better than zip.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 11:43:43 -0700, Michael Bain <poppa@wetleather.com>
    wrote:
    [snip...snip...]
    >
    >I don't get why RAR is used. Windows can handle zip files. RAR means
    >I need to download/buy yet another program, but it seems to be popular
    >with the hacks/cheats/sw ripoff criminal crowd.

    RAR may give better compression, although it's likely that zip does
    better on some files, RAR on others. I think that the popularity of the
    RAR format is its paring with the PAR applications that can reconstruct
    missing blocks. There's no technical reason (AFAIK) that a PAR
    compendium couldn't protect files using any style of compression that
    are posted as multi-part messages, but it does seem to be common.

    And, no, I don't do hacks/cheats/ripoffs, just pr0n. ;-)
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org>
    wrote in message news:MPG.1ceeb139ddf054b98974f@nntp.charter.net...
    > show me where it is. prove to me beyond a shadow of doubt that your
    > "Internet 2" exists and it's fully functional without the need to
    > connect to the existing Internet.

    FYI, the "internet2" does exist and, as was stated, is for academic
    and military use only (just like the original internet/arpanet
    was...). I don't know if it uses any new protocols or anything, but
    I do know that it's a new network running on new backbones.
    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CingularDuality
    TacticalGamer.com Administration
    http://www.TacticalGamer.com
    CS:Source server: 67.19.132.154:27015
    CS:Source server#2: 67.19.132.155:27015
    Battlefield 1942 Server IP: 67.19.26.150 (DC Final)
    Battlefield Vietnam Server IP: 67.19.26.147
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Achtung Ecco" <nospam@spam.no> wrote in message
    news:428609ce$0$78288$157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk...
    > Here is what Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, sorry, Wikipedia has
    > to say: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_2

    Ah, so what I've been told is the "internet2" is actually the Abilene
    Network. Interesting...
    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CingularDuality
    TacticalGamer.com Administration
    http://www.TacticalGamer.com
    CS:Source server: 67.19.132.154:27015
    CS:Source server#2: 67.19.132.155:27015
    Battlefield 1942 Server IP: 67.19.26.150 (DC Final)
    Battlefield Vietnam Server IP: 67.19.26.147
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <uk9b81tg8mn5sk47pajl3lg5ll5jpprd3s@4ax.com>,
    my_ass@my_chair.com says...


    > and you can bet your life I won't be found on
    > it.

    good.

    > If you'll notice the servers with reasonable rules are full much
    > of the time while the tightass anal servers and servers with no rules
    > are not
    >


    our server is full every night. it's full of folks that agree with our
    rules and want to play in a mature environment, free of smacktards.


    > I also said I pay to get on a
    > decent news server. I've thrown away more porn and programs I've
    > downloaded from usenet than you'll ever see in your life.

    then perhaps you should have learned through your extensive experience,
    how to properly configure a usenet client to reply to the proper group.
    right now, every time i hit reply to one of your posts, it's being
    routed to the group "no".


    /CF
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Sat, 14 May 2005 12:40:56 -0400, Colonel_Flagg
    <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote:

    >In article <uk9b81tg8mn5sk47pajl3lg5ll5jpprd3s@4ax.com>,
    >my_ass@my_chair.com says...
    >
    >
    >> and you can bet your life I won't be found on
    >> it.
    >
    >good.
    >
    >> If you'll notice the servers with reasonable rules are full much
    >> of the time while the tightass anal servers and servers with no rules
    >> are not
    >>
    >
    >
    >our server is full every night. it's full of folks that agree with our
    >rules and want to play in a mature environment, free of smacktards.
    >
    >
    >> I also said I pay to get on a
    >> decent news server. I've thrown away more porn and programs I've
    >> downloaded from usenet than you'll ever see in your life.
    >
    >then perhaps you should have learned through your extensive experience,
    >how to properly configure a usenet client to reply to the proper group.
    >right now, every time i hit reply to one of your posts, it's being
    >routed to the group "no".
    >
    >
    >/CF
    I did that on purpose lol
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    BF server has been in here since the 7th
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <42896140$0$28523$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net>,
    roscoe@hazardco.com says...
    >
    > Damn, give it up dude, the guy has already handed you your ass. You must be
    > one of them dunce mofos who comprehend English. But then again I find your
    > weak arguments amusing and I'm sure others do too. So please do keep
    > entertaining us with your daredevil acts of intelligence!
    >
    >
    >


    dude, he hasn't handed me anything. he stated that the "internet2" is a
    network, it isn't, it's a consortium of network/computer folks with the
    intent to develop a faster Internet. I specifically pointed out the
    statement by this consortium that states they're not the evolution of
    the internet and they're not a second internet. what part of this do you
    and this punk not understand? it came from the "internet2 consortium",
    not me. his statements are from THE PRESS. i guess you and he both
    believe everything written in "the press".

    http://www.internet2.edu/about/faq.html

    From the Internet2 Consortium/Website above:

    Is Internet2 a separate network? Will Internet2 replace the current
    commercial Internet?

    Internet2 is not a separate physical network and will not replace the
    Internet. Internet2 brings together institutions and resources from
    academia, industry and government to develop new technologies and
    capabilities that can then be deployed in the global Internet. Close
    collaboration with Internet2 corporate members will ensure that new
    applications and technologies are rapidly deployed throughout the
    Internet. Just as email and the World Wide Web are legacies of earlier
    investments in academic and federal research networks, the legacy of
    Internet2 will be to expand the possibilities of the broader Internet.[


    How stupid do you have to be to not understand the ABOVE STATEMENT
    issued by the INTERNET2 Consortium?


    /CF
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote in
    message news:MPG.1cf57b0147abb74698975b@nntp.charter.net...
    > In article <42896140$0$28523$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net>,
    > roscoe@hazardco.com says...
    >>
    >> Damn, give it up dude, the guy has already handed you your ass. You must
    >> be
    >> one of them dunce mofos who comprehend English. But then again I find
    >> your
    >> weak arguments amusing and I'm sure others do too. So please do keep
    >> entertaining us with your daredevil acts of intelligence!
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
    >
    > dude, he hasn't handed me anything. he stated that the "internet2" is a
    > network, it isn't, it's a consortium of network/computer folks with the
    > intent to develop a faster Internet. I specifically pointed out the
    > statement by this consortium that states they're not the evolution of
    > the internet and they're not a second internet. what part of this do you
    > and this punk not understand? it came from the "internet2 consortium",
    > not me. his statements are from THE PRESS. i guess you and he both
    > believe everything written in "the press".
    >
    > http://www.internet2.edu/about/faq.html
    >
    > From the Internet2 Consortium/Website above:
    >
    > Is Internet2 a separate network? Will Internet2 replace the current
    > commercial Internet?
    >
    > Internet2 is not a separate physical network and will not replace the
    > Internet. Internet2 brings together institutions and resources from
    > academia, industry and government to develop new technologies and
    > capabilities that can then be deployed in the global Internet. Close
    > collaboration with Internet2 corporate members will ensure that new
    > applications and technologies are rapidly deployed throughout the
    > Internet. Just as email and the World Wide Web are legacies of earlier
    > investments in academic and federal research networks, the legacy of
    > Internet2 will be to expand the possibilities of the broader Internet.[
    >
    >
    >
    > How stupid do you have to be to not understand the ABOVE STATEMENT
    > issued by the INTERNET2 Consortium?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > /CF


    HAHAHA, Ahh man you're killing me, stop!! No don't! This is what I was
    talking about. You're always good for a laugh, keep up the good work Flagg!
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <428d33cb$0$67453$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net>,
    roscoe@hazardco.com says...
    > Flagg I got to tell ya, you one funny dude! You almost make me believe that
    > you believe the stuff you say. Do you do stand-up comedy for a living or is
    > it just your hobby. Either way you ROCK DUDE!
    >
    >
    >
    > I nominate Colonel Flagg as the official Pee-Wee Herman of
    > alt.games.battlefield1942
    >
    >


    *plonk*


    /CF
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote in
    message news:MPG.1cf802a0f6a6122e98975f@nntp.charter.net...
    > In article <428d33cb$0$67453$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net>,
    > roscoe@hazardco.com says...
    >> Flagg I got to tell ya, you one funny dude! You almost make me believe
    >> that
    >> you believe the stuff you say. Do you do stand-up comedy for a living or
    >> is
    >> it just your hobby. Either way you ROCK DUDE!
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> I nominate Colonel Flagg as the official Pee-Wee Herman of
    >> alt.games.battlefield1942
    >>
    >>
    >
    >
    > *plonk*
    >
    >
    >
    > /CF

    Oh my, I've been plonked Pee-Wee Herman. BFD.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    >
    >"Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote in
    >message news:MPG.1cf802a0f6a6122e98975f@nntp.charter.net...
    >> In article <428d33cb$0$67453$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net>,
    >> roscoe@hazardco.com says...
    >>> Flagg I got to tell ya, you one funny dude! You almost make me believe
    >>> that
    >>> you believe the stuff you say. Do you do stand-up comedy for a living or
    >>> is
    >>> it just your hobby. Either way you ROCK DUDE!
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> I nominate Colonel Flagg as the official Pee-Wee Herman of
    >>> alt.games.battlefield1942
    >>>
    >>>
    >>
    >>
    >> *plonk*
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> /CF
    >
    >Oh my, I've been plonked Pee-Wee Herman. BFD.
    >


    YESSSSS You made him pansy out, he wet his pants and went plonk
Ask a new question

Read More

Download Games Video Games