Sold Shaman set... :[

Last day it happened a bad, bad, bad thing.

You know that if you open the vendor windows and right-click on items in
your inventory you sell them.
But it's also true that if you right-click on some armour/weapon with your
char's windows open you equip that item.

Well, don't know exactely what did I do but I only realized when it was too
late. Surely, by mistake, I equipped a junky gray waist (dropped by some
monster in some istance) instead of my Cord of Elements
(http://www.thottbot.com/?i=15664) and, later, I sold it with other stuff
without realizing it.

I opened a ticket asking for support help to have it back (I know I was
stupid but didn't do on purpose). Blizzard asked me they weren't able to
find the item (obviously, it wasn't in my inv anymore) so they weren't able
to give it back.
So I wrote another ticket telling them that surely they have some sort of
log and/or a previous day backup of my char, just to check I actually had
that armour an I'm not trying to cheat. But they still answered "we can't
find it).

Anybody of you did experienced something similar? I think it shouldn't be
difficult for them to check my inventory of some day before and verify I had
that one. I really feel betrayed by Blizzard. I pay their game regulary
every month and I try to be as fair as I can. Why are they doing that to
their loyal customers?. :|

Any of you has any idea?

Tnx

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:59:26 +0200, "Lock" <Raccoglispam@yahoo.it>
wrote:

>> I thought that perhaps they had forgotten about me, so I sent another DM
>> ticket (after 7 days) to remind them. I was told by a DM (in game) 7 hours
>> later that it was STILL being looked into. I asked him how long it would
>> take to sort out, I was told, 'It can take a while'.
>
>I really wonder what they do. They should hase a sort of history of players
>so to check fast what's the problem... :|

They do have a system for checking it. I know of two people (including
myself) that have gotten items back that they accidentally vendored.
It took about a week in both cases though so it isn't all that useful
for lower lvl stuff, you'll have outleveled it before you get anything
back.

Two things that will help you out if you try that, make sure you get
the name of the item exactly right in your petition and give them a
good estimate of when exactly it happened. In other words, you want to
narrow down the logs that they have to search as much as possible.

Rgds, Frank

Don't blame Blizzard for an error of your part. If the item had
vanished from your inventory, then it's Blizzard's fault.
Don't think solving these situations are part of Blizzard's jobs. They
can try and help. But believe me, these things take a *long* time to
solve. And while they're trying to go through the transaction logs not
only checking that you had the item, but also checking that you didn't
buy it back later on purpose, or that it's part of a dupe process, etc.

I'm sorry you lost your item, but I don't think Blizzard should spend
any long time trying to fix these problems. What's next? A CS ticket
because I pressed 'autorun' and fell to my death?
Just imagine this situation. You have a very expensive item, you sell
it and leave it there for 4 days (stores remember the last thing you
sold so you can buy it back for this same reason), then you buy it back
and sell it to someone else, disenchant it, whatever. And then you
report you sold it by mistake and want it back. If like you said they
just went through the log to see that you 'had the item and a minute
later you didnt' it's not enough, they have to check all the
transactions that you've made since that time, and check if there's any
vendor in the world that still has that item in their 'memory'.
Do you know how long this takes?
And no, you're not paying them to fix these things. There are people
that have problems caused by the game and not by their actions, this is
what CS guys are for. People stuck, quests not working, etc. In fact,
just this morning I lost an item 'robes of Arcana' that I made. I made
the item, I received the 'you created Robes of Arcana' and when I
checked my backpacks, nothing there. They were full but normally you
get a window that says your inv is full and lets you make up space for
the item you just created. Not this time though, item is lost forever.
I didn't even bother opening a ticket up (although I should have, at
least so I report the bug and they eventually fix it)

>You know that if you open the vendor windows and right-click on items in
>your inventory you sell them.
>But it's also true that if you right-click on some armour/weapon with your
>char's windows open you equip that item.
>
>Well, don't know exactely what did I do but I only realized when it was too
>late. Surely, by mistake, I equipped a junky gray waist (dropped by some
>monster in some istance) instead of my Cord of Elements
>(http://www.thottbot.com/?i=15664) and, later, I sold it with other stuff
>without realizing it.
>
>I opened a ticket asking for support help to have it back (I know I was
>stupid but didn't do on purpose). Blizzard asked me they weren't able to
>find the item (obviously, it wasn't in my inv anymore) so they weren't able
>to give it back.
>So I wrote another ticket telling them that surely they have some sort of
>log and/or a previous day backup of my char, just to check I actually had
>that armour an I'm not trying to cheat. But they still answered "we can't
>find it).
>
>Anybody of you did experienced something similar? I think it shouldn't be
>difficult for them to check my inventory of some day before and verify I had
>that one. I really feel betrayed by Blizzard. I pay their game regulary
>every month and I try to be as fair as I can. Why are they doing that to
>their loyal customers?. :|

Similar issue happened to my human rogue when about level 25 or so. I
was questing in Loch Modan and looked at my character sheet and
realized 2 or 3 items were gray items. I dont know what happened to
my green items, but I figured at that point it wasn't worth fighting
for them back. So I just went out and got some more items from the
local mobs. I know your situation is different, and the item a bit
more rare. Keep working on it...

Bronzebeard PVE:
Lehi - 60 Human Paladin
Bathsheba - 60 Human Rogue

Frostmane PVP:
Laban - 52 Troll Rogue
Korohor - 24 Undead Warlock

"Lock" <Raccoglispam@yahoo.it> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Blizzard asked me

*told* me... (bad english) ;]

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:08:43 +0200, "Lock" <Raccoglispam@yahoo.it>
wrote:

>Well, don't know exactely what did I do but I only realized when it was too
>late. Surely, by mistake, I equipped a junky gray waist (dropped by some
>monster in some istance) instead of my Cord of Elements
>(http://www.thottbot.com/?i=15664) and, later, I sold it with other stuff
>without realizing it.

I did that once with a brand new sword (I HATE the repair item
screen!) and petitioned with all the details and they were able to
give me the sword back. However this was about 6 months+ ago, so they
may have changed their policy :(

Isabelle

"wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Don't blame Blizzard for an error of your part. If the item had
> vanished from your inventory, then it's Blizzard's fault.
> Don't think solving these situations are part of Blizzard's jobs. They
> can try and help. But believe me, these things take a *long* time to
> solve. And while they're trying to go through the transaction logs not
> only checking that you had the item, but also checking that you didn't
> buy it back later on purpose, or that it's part of a dupe process, etc.

It is a problem with the game if items can be lost so simply.
How many times (in real life) do you go into a shop to buy something and
accidentaly sell your car? Probably never :D.

Look at the 'Things DMs can help with'.
Misvendoring is supported by Blizzard. End of argument. If they don't want
to offer this service, they can remove from the DM help list.
It can currently be done for 1 item, why not 5 or 10?

> I'm sorry you lost your item, but I don't think Blizzard should spend
> any long time trying to fix these problems. What's next? A CS ticket
> because I pressed 'autorun' and fell to my death?
> Just imagine this situation. You have a very expensive item, you sell
> it and leave it there for 4 days (stores remember the last thing you
> sold so you can buy it back for this same reason), then you buy it back
> and sell it to someone else, disenchant it, whatever. And then you
> report you sold it by mistake and want it back. If like you said they
> just went through the log to see that you 'had the item and a minute
> later you didnt' it's not enough, they have to check all the
> transactions that you've made since that time, and check if there's any
> vendor in the world that still has that item in their 'memory'.

You are changing the question.
All that is requested is for items sold to vendors to be returned.
Not being disenchanted / Given to other players / Used in a recipie.

I would imagine (ok - just a guess) that the DMs get a LOT of tickets where
items have been misvendored. Why don't they solve the underlying problem?
Why don't they make it easy to fix? Perhaps they will. Then DMs will have
more time to solve problems like yours.

> Do you know how long this takes?

No - I don't. Do you know how long it takes? In my opinion, reversing a
vendor sale should be quick and simple. It is already supported by the game.
Once an item is vendored - it is out of the game - no more 'false trails' to
follow.

I think it should be as simple as.......
Char XXX has Item YYYY.
Char XXX vendors Item YYYY.
Player realizes a mistake and sends a ticket to DM with details XXX and YYYY
.......several hours pass.....
DM types this info into a util, and presses a button
Out pops the info...
Char XXX vendors Item YYYY to Vendor ZZZZZ on April 1st 2005 for 2g
DM presses a button, and the lost item is mailed to the char with a 2g COD.

If something as complicated as WOW can be written, surely this is not beyond
their capabilities?

> And no, you're not paying them to fix these things. There are people
> that have problems caused by the game and not by their actions, this is
> what CS guys are for. People stuck, quests not working, etc. In fact,
> just this morning I lost an item 'robes of Arcana' that I made. I made
> the item, I received the 'you created Robes of Arcana' and when I
> checked my backpacks, nothing there. They were full but normally you
> get a window that says your inv is full and lets you make up space for
> the item you just created. Not this time though, item is lost forever.
> I didn't even bother opening a ticket up (although I should have, at
> least so I report the bug and they eventually fix it)

Yup - we are paying them to do what they say they will do.

Regards, Darren

rene

"wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Don't blame Blizzard for an error of your part. If the item had
> vanished from your inventory, then it's Blizzard's fault.
> Don't think solving these situations are part of Blizzard's jobs. They
> can try and help. But believe me, these things take a *long* time to
> solve. And while they're trying to go through the transaction logs not
> only checking that you had the item, but also checking that you didn't
> buy it back later on purpose, or that it's part of a dupe process, etc.
>
> I'm sorry you lost your item, but I don't think Blizzard should spend
> any long time trying to fix these problems. What's next? A CS ticket
> because I pressed 'autorun' and fell to my death?
> Just imagine this situation. You have a very expensive item, you sell
> it and leave it there for 4 days (stores remember the last thing you
> sold so you can buy it back for this same reason), then you buy it back
> and sell it to someone else, disenchant it, whatever. And then you
> report you sold it by mistake and want it back. If like you said they
> just went through the log to see that you 'had the item and a minute
> later you didnt' it's not enough, they have to check all the
> transactions that you've made since that time, and check if there's any
> vendor in the world that still has that item in their 'memory'.
> Do you know how long this takes?
> And no, you're not paying them to fix these things. There are people
> that have problems caused by the game and not by their actions, this is
> what CS guys are for. People stuck, quests not working, etc. In fact,
> just this morning I lost an item 'robes of Arcana' that I made. I made
> the item, I received the 'you created Robes of Arcana' and when I
> checked my backpacks, nothing there. They were full but normally you
> get a window that says your inv is full and lets you make up space for
> the item you just created. Not this time though, item is lost forever.
> I didn't even bother opening a ticket up (although I should have, at
> least so I report the bug and they eventually fix it)

There is a hidden "overflow" slot each player has. You might be still in
possession of your item but I have no clue how to make this slot
available/visible. Writing a GM note might help you there.

CU

René

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

"Frank E" <fakeaddress@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Two things that will help you out if you try that, make sure you get
> the name of the item exactly right in your petition and give them a
> good estimate of when exactly it happened. In other words, you want to
> narrow down the logs that they have to search as much as possible.

It's what I did but the GM that answered my ticket sould have been very
lazy... :\

wolfing wrote:
> Don't blame Blizzard for an error of your part. If the item had
> vanished from your inventory, then it's Blizzard's fault.
> Don't think solving these situations are part of Blizzard's jobs. They
> can try and help. But believe me, these things take a *long* time to
> solve. And while they're trying to go through the transaction logs not
> only checking that you had the item, but also checking that you didn't
> buy it back later on purpose, or that it's part of a dupe process, etc.
>
> I'm sorry you lost your item, but I don't think Blizzard should spend
> any long time trying to fix these problems. What's next? A CS ticket
> because I pressed 'autorun' and fell to my death?
> Just imagine this situation. You have a very expensive item, you sell
> it and leave it there for 4 days (stores remember the last thing you
> sold so you can buy it back for this same reason), then you buy it back
> and sell it to someone else, disenchant it, whatever. And then you
> report you sold it by mistake and want it back. If like you said they
> just went through the log to see that you 'had the item and a minute
> later you didnt' it's not enough, they have to check all the
> transactions that you've made since that time, and check if there's any
> vendor in the world that still has that item in their 'memory'.
> Do you know how long this takes?
> And no, you're not paying them to fix these things. There are people
> that have problems caused by the game and not by their actions, this is
> what CS guys are for. People stuck, quests not working, etc. In fact,
> just this morning I lost an item 'robes of Arcana' that I made. I made
> the item, I received the 'you created Robes of Arcana' and when I
> checked my backpacks, nothing there. They were full but normally you
> get a window that says your inv is full and lets you make up space for
> the item you just created. Not this time though, item is lost forever.
> I didn't even bother opening a ticket up (although I should have, at
> least so I report the bug and they eventually fix it)

Although I sympathize with the OP, I fully agree with this post. You
have accidentally sold one of your items, why should it be their
problem? Using the same principle, you could ask for a reset of the
instance back to the point just before you accidentally pressed the
wrong heal and Ragnaros wiped you... I know it is way too far fetched
but you get the point. IMO, the only items one should ever use a ticket
for is those they accidentaly deleted/sold that come from quests, since
you have no way of reclaiming them. All others are simply a few instance
runs away.

Stavros

"wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Don't blame Blizzard for an error of your part. If the item had
> vanished from your inventory, then it's Blizzard's fault.

I'm not blaming them because of my mistake. I'm blaming them for they
support.
They could have answered "we won't support this kind of mistakes" instead
that "we can't find your item so bye bye".

> only checking that you had the item, but also checking that you didn't
> buy it back later on purpose, or that it's part of a dupe process, etc.

Maybe I'm a programmer and I see things simple. check my inventory now:
there's not.
Check my inventory yesterday: there was.
Item is soulbound so I can only have sold or destroyed. And if I'm asking
back it means that I didn't do on purpouse.

> I'm sorry you lost your item, but I don't think Blizzard should spend
> any long time trying to fix these problems. What's next? A CS ticket
> because I pressed 'autorun' and fell to my death?

Well, I pay for a service every month. There's ppl that have their char
deleted for mistake. If the'yre not able to undelete it (and they do) it
means they loose a player. I don't want to think this is their politics,
expecially because a check like this won't take more than 5 minutes.
I can understand if I sold an apple but it was an armour set I paid 60g.
Stupid me, but also stupid equip/selling method.

> Just imagine this situation. You have a very expensive item, you sell
> it and leave it there for 4 days (stores remember the last thing you
> sold so you can buy it back for this same reason)

This is not true. Shop keeps for some time then it disappeared. When I
realized I lost it I was in an istance. When I returned to vendor, 3 hours
later, the slot was empty.

> , then you buy it back
> and sell it to someone else, disenchant it, whatever. And then you
> report you sold it by mistake and want it back. If like you said they
> just went through the log to see that you 'had the item and a minute
> later you didnt' it's not enough, they have to check all the
> transactions that you've made since that time, and check if there's any
> vendor in the world that still has that item in their 'memory'.
> Do you know how long this takes?

if they've a good search method they will search the name of the object in
the log.
Not difficult, uh?

> And no, you're not paying them to fix these things. There are people
> that have problems caused by the game and not by their actions, this is
> what CS guys are for. People stuck, quests not working, etc. In fact,
> just this morning I lost an item 'robes of Arcana' that I made. I made
> the item, I received the 'you created Robes of Arcana' and when I
> checked my backpacks, nothing there. They were full but normally you
> get a window that says your inv is full and lets you make up space for
> the item you just created. Not this time though, item is lost forever.
> I didn't even bother opening a ticket up (although I should have, at
> least so I report the bug and they eventually fix it)

Well, that is your choyce. As I said, if I lost a normal iten I wouldn't
have bored them with a ticket, but that was a Shaman set I paid a lot in AH,
so it was important for me.

"Lehi" <right@behin.edu> ha scritto nel messaggio

> for them back. So I just went out and got some more items from the
> local mobs. I know your situation is different, and the item a bit
> more rare. Keep working on it...

If they say "we won't support that" I can make a reason.
But since I know they did for a lot of users, I wonder why they don't have
to do for me.

"Stavros Christoforou" <stgreek@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Although I sympathize with the OP, I fully agree with this post. You
> have accidentally sold one of your items, why should it be their
> problem? Using the same principle, you could ask for a reset of the
> instance back to the point just before you accidentally pressed the
> wrong heal and Ragnaros wiped you... I know it is way too far fetched
> but you get the point. IMO, the only items one should ever use a ticket
> for is those they accidentaly deleted/sold that come from quests, since
> you have no way of reclaiming them. All others are simply a few instance
> runs away.

I understand what you say, it's right.
If Blizzard simply said "we won't solve this kind of problem" I just took
the bad news and moved on.
But since I know that Blizzard solve these problems, I only asked about it.
And telling me "we didn't find your item" sounds like they're joking about
me, and threating like a thief.
I didn't do anything wrong, that's all.

"drone" <drone@drone.drone> ha scritto nel messaggio

> How many times (in real life) do you go into a shop to buy something and
> accidentaly sell your car? Probably never :D.

lol :]

> I would imagine (ok - just a guess) that the DMs get a LOT of tickets
where
> items have been misvendored. Why don't they solve the underlying problem?
> Why don't they make it easy to fix? Perhaps they will. Then DMs will have
> more time to solve problems like yours.

I agree.

> Char XXX vendors Item YYYY to Vendor ZZZZZ on April 1st 2005 for 2g
> DM presses a button, and the lost item is mailed to the char with a 2g
COD.

Exactely.

"Rene" <invalid@email.addr> ha scritto nel messaggio

> There is a hidden "overflow" slot each player has. You might be still in
> possession of your item but I have no clue how to make this slot
> available/visible. Writing a GM note might help you there.

This sounds interesting...