Terrible sound quality, random popping

TestOne

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
So, sometimes my sound quality will go really bad or.. start just sound like gibberish. NJIOASDFSAFJSAF, hard to explain. :]

This has happened on my old computer and motherboard.
It's happening even on this new computer!
SPECS:
FX-8320
GTX 660
8GB RAM
128GB SSD/500GB HDD/1TB EXT
asrock 970 extreme 3

I'm starting to think, and maybe it's Virtual Audio Cable? I decided to disable it.. and still, every now and then it will just SKIP and sound crappy.

I found that when changing sound quality from 96000 to 48000 it fixes it.
Even when I leave it at 48k it still eventually goes bad, so I switch it to another and back.

I'm not sure if it started with USB headsets, but I don't use 3.5 anymore because they are just terrible.

The problem has occured on:
Tactic 3D Sigma
CM Storm Sirus
Corsair vengeance 1500
My vengeance broke, and my cm storm mic went out.
So I bought another Vengeance because cm storm sirus is discontinued.

Problem still exists...
Could it be something with my USB, and could I fix it?
Also, when it does that it does seem like my computer just randomly stutters/lags and things go into slow-mo mode. :[
Is it my proccesor? It's happened on:
amd phenom II x3 720
AMD FX 6100
and my current 8320.
:(
There must be something behind it, and I'm hoping it's not virtual audio cable. (even though I did disable my lines through playback and recording devices to no avail)

TestOne

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

I just said I've tried multiple headsets.
As in about 6 different headsets.
It happens after a while, after the computer has been on for a while and I've played a few games.

It sounds like a problem with the build in sound chip on the motherboard. Have you tried a sound card. When you insert the sound card into the PCI slot it should automatically disable the onboard sound. If it is the motherboard sound chip the sound should be perfect from the sound card.

TestOne

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

It happens with USB devices, and on both motherboards. I'm thinking it might be something with FX processors or virtual audio cable.

I highly doubt it has anything to do with the CPU it could be a bad audio cable. Once again I would get a sound card and plug your headphones directly into the cards audio jack. That will bypass the front audio cable and front ports. Again if it works than than you know it is either the audio cable or front port.

TestOne

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

As I stated, it's happened on multiple motherboards with multiple headsets USB and non USB