Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best radeon HD 7850 brand out there?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 3, 2012 9:42:55 AM

which best brand for HD 7850 in the market today? not really sure which one is to buy and im not sure if i have to buy an already OC'ed one or just have to OC myself but don't know how to do it, and afraid i may void the warranty of my card or damage my system.
how much is the difference is FPS wise in terms of OC'ed and Un-OC'ed GPU?

got an Intel core I3-2100
ecs h61 board
4gb kingston hyper blu
fsp 600w psu

thanks

More about : radeon 7850 brand

a b U Graphics card
July 3, 2012 10:15:02 AM

Hey,

Well there are many different brands of amd radeons, and brands like sapphire, asus, msi are good. There are many more brands out there that are good, just choose a model you like and post it here and we can help you choose. If you can then you should get a non- reference card with a custom cooler, that way it will run cooler and you will have extra room for overclocking. As for overclocking you can do it yourself, it is easy to do, and pretty safe, depending on what brand you buy it will void the warranty, however you can buy an already overclocked card but they cost a bit more. As for fps increase you may see between 5 fps and 10 or even more, it depends on what game your comparing the fps. I suggest you get a Sapphire hd7850 OC:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

it comes with a custom cooler, and it comes factory overclocked by 50mhz, and since it runs cooler you can overclock it even further if you wish. It costs about $10 more than other hd7850 but it is better.


Hope this helps!
m
0
l
July 3, 2012 10:57:10 AM

fil1p said:
Hey,

Well there are many different brands of amd radeons, and brands like sapphire, asus, msi are good. There are many more brands out there that are good, just choose a model you like and post it here and we can help you choose. If you can then you should get a non- reference card with a custom cooler, that way it will run cooler and you will have extra room for overclocking. As for overclocking you can do it yourself, it is easy to do, and pretty safe, depending on what brand you buy it will void the warranty, however you can buy an already overclocked card but they cost a bit more. As for fps increase you may see between 5 fps and 10 or even more, it depends on what game your comparing the fps. I suggest you get a Sapphire hd7850 OC:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

it comes with a custom cooler, and it comes factory overclocked by 50mhz, and since it runs cooler you can overclock it even further if you wish. It costs about $10 more than other hd7850 but it is better.


Hope this helps!



I'm choosing between the Sapphire HD 7850 OC and non-OC version its a bet cheaper compare to the Asus and MSI brands, is it any good compare to this 2 brands?
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 185 U Graphics card
July 3, 2012 11:10:38 AM

tukbol7 said:
I'm choosing between the Sapphire HD 7850 OC and non-OC version its a bet cheaper compare to the Asus and MSI brands, is it any good compare to this 2 brands?
Sapphire is a very reliable brand
m
0
l
July 3, 2012 11:16:30 AM

I got myself XFX HD 7850 DD - dual fan, just last week. I've never owned any XFX component before this one but I must say I'm very pleased.

The card looks simply beautiful to begin with. The top of the card is made from nice aluminium and not some cheapo plastic.

It also runs very quiet, and im sucker for noise. Now since I have the card for just about week I didn't try to OC it but it looks like there's loads of headroom for OC.

Temps - as I type this the GPU sits at 28 C and when I game It never went over 50 C.


I can't comment what FPS I get in games like BF3 etc as I'm hatin on these but I am happy with the performance overall.
m
0
l
July 3, 2012 11:26:51 AM

force550 said:
I got myself XFX HD 7850 DD - dual fan, just last week. I've never owned any XFX component before this one but I must say I'm very pleased.

The card looks simply beautiful to begin with. The top of the card is made from nice aluminium and not some cheapo plastic.

It also runs very quiet, and im sucker for noise. Now since I have the card for just about week I didn't try to OC it but it looks like there's loads of headroom for OC.

Temps - as I type this the GPU sits at 28 C and when I game It never went over 50 C.


I can't comment what FPS I get in games like BF3 etc as I'm hatin on these but I am happy with the performance overall.



read a lot regarding heating issues with xfx cards? don't know if that's true or just something made up by other competitors?
m
0
l
a c 80 U Graphics card
July 3, 2012 11:43:55 AM

tukbol7 said:
read a lot regarding heating issues with xfx cards? don't know if that's true or just something made up by other competitors?

XFX is usually regarded as a reliable brand, just like Sapphire. I've certainly had no issues with my current XFX card (a 6850 Black Edition). They tend to cost a bit more than Sapphire.
m
0
l
July 3, 2012 11:57:59 AM

DO NOT BUY XFX!!!!... I used to buy from them all the time got many of cards from them and in the start had some of the best customer support I had seen BUT that was then this is now. Try and call them some time and 1 of 2 things will happen, A: you will hear a stay on the line message that never gets you any place "called a few times/days and was on the phone for hours and never got anyone" or B: they just hang up on you. So what about online support? Any time I would email them they would take about 2 weeks for them to email me back if they did at all and that goes for having a RMA case open and sending a reply.Oh the last RMA I got from then they did not have my 4870 x2 that I paid $500 so they sent me a newer card, YES I thought I was all worth it but no they sent me a 1x card worth $250 that did not have as high score in 3D mark and when I asked them about it they told me the card was about the same that I had so deal with it. The long of the short of it is they went from one of the best customer supports to one of the worse and also the caps they use I have had just fall off the cards because of poor solder connections.
m
0
l
July 3, 2012 12:38:09 PM

thbrett said:
DO NOT BUY XFX!!!!... I used to buy from them all the time got many of cards from them and in the start had some of the best customer support I had seen BUT that was then this is now. Try and call them some time and 1 of 2 things will happen, A: you will hear a stay on the line message that never gets you any place "called a few times/days and was on the phone for hours and never got anyone" or B: they just hang up on you. So what about online support? Any time I would email them they would take about 2 weeks for them to email me back if they did at all and that goes for having a RMA case open and sending a reply.Oh the last RMA I got from then they did not have my 4870 x2 that I paid $500 so they sent me a newer card, YES I thought I was all worth it but no they sent me a 1x card worth $250 that did not have as high score in 3D mark and when I asked them about it they told me the card was about the same that I had so deal with it. The long of the short of it is they went from one of the best customer supports to one of the worse and also the caps they use I have had just fall off the cards because of poor solder connections.



thats why i didn't include XFX in my selection because of this, thanks for this man, read a lot of bad review, customer complaints that has not been addressed and cheap construction of their cards.. so it came down to Sapphire, Asus and MSI.. Asus cards are gigantic lol, they have to put extension cable for the pcie connector, and MSI is a tad bit expensive from what I have research.. so sapphire is good to go? its cheaper from the 3 but they are solid i guess? how about their cooling solutions?
m
0
l
July 4, 2012 2:29:53 PM

Myself I have built many many PC's over the years for myself/friends and for my customers and any time a part went bad I have NEVER any trouble getting it replaced "long as it still had a warranty" with Asus. I like them so much that for my small company I try and use Asus for as many parts as I can.
m
0
l
!