First Build, Seeking Opinions and advice

isquatch

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
I'm a noobie at computer building but i have put time into doing some researching, but before i do anything i would like advice and opinions.

I am also not quite sure this is what i shud get but i like it so far.

Buying from ibuypower.com, and you'll see i am also buying a monitor from them with it.

Here's the link: http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel_Z77_Core_i5_i7_Configurator/w/132736

My Main usage of this rig is for gaming, good performance, cool, safe for the hardware of course :p.

The games i intend to play are Wow, Daoc, Rift, Swtor, and games like those.

Other Usages are web, and Netflix.

My cap is 1400 and as you will see its already given leniency, it is at 1487.

Im upgrading because my current pc is very outdated and recently died.

Here's my build, i wouldn't know how to do links for each one considering i configured it on ibuypower.

Case 1 x CoolerMaster HAF 922 Gaming Case-Black

Processor 1 x Intel® Core™ i7-3770 Processor (4x 3.40GHz/8MB L3 Cache)-

iBUYPOWER PowerDrive 1 x PowerDrive Level 1 - Up to 10% Overclocking-
Processor Cooling 1 x Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooling System-ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)

Memory 1 x 16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module-G.Skill Ripjaws X

Video Card 1 x AMD Radeon HD 7770 - 1GB-Single Card

Free Stuff 1 x [FREE Game Download] - DiRT Showdown-Free with purchase of AMD Radeon video card

Free Stuff 1 x [FREE Game Promo Pack] - Tribes: Ascend-Free with purchase of Intel i5/i7 CPU or Intel Motherboard or Intel SSD 180Gb or above

Free Stuff 1 x [FREE Game Download] - NEXUIZ-Free with purchase of AMD Radeon HD 7770 or above

Motherboard 1 x Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H -- 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16, 4x USB 3.0-

Power Supply 1 x 650 Watt - Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2

Primary Hard Drive 1 x 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s-Single Drive

Optical Drive 1 x 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive-Black

Meter Display 1 x NZXT Sentry 2 Touch Screen Fan Controller & Temperature Display-

Sound Card 1 x 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard-

Network Card 1 x Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)-

Operating System 1 x Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel)-64-Bit

Monitor 1 x 22" LED 1920x1080 -- ASUS VS228H-P (21.5 viewable)-

Advanced Build Options 1 x Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower-Advanced - Power Package (Individually Sleeved 24-pin ATX, 8-pin CPU, and SATA Drive Power Cabling)

Advanced Build Options 1 x Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower-Basic Pro Wiring

Advanced Build Options 1 x iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System-Protect your investment during transportation!

Advanced Build Options 1 x Tuniq TX-2 High Performance Thermal Compound-The best interface between your CPU and the heatsinks

Advanced Build Options 1 x Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower-Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis

Advanced Build Options 1 x Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower-Advanced - Video Package (Individually Sleeved 8-pin and 6-pin PCI-E VGA Power Cabling)

Rush Service 1 x Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee)-No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days

Subtotal* $1487.00 (plus tax & shipping)

Any Input is appreciated, i like to learn :).

TheLittleTroll

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
you are getting nowhere near max settings (intensive games)with that system. you could probably max wow though

heres what i would get
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fkj8

this build will run circles ahead of your system and would max out any game out there at 1080p. not to mention you can still overclock it in the future.if you are to do SLi in the future, id suggest a slightly larger PSU.

building a pc is easy. go to youtube and check out neweggs build guide

TheLittleTroll

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
fast boot times (10-15sec), faster loading times for nearly everything, and just makes your system feel faster.

once you boot into windows, you can already start firing up apps

isquatch

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
and also can i switch the case to a
Azza Spartan CSAZ-102E
or would you recommend me stay with the one you picked?

TheLittleTroll

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
on the SSD, you can put the windows, most of the apps that you think need a speed boost, and it should have room for 5-8games depending on the size of it

stick with mine. its solid. really solid

TheLittleTroll

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
install everything into the rig except the cooler and the gpu. wire everything up except for the gpu and the cpu fan.

then install the cooler, coonect the fan into the cpu fan header

then install the GPU and the necessary power cables

this is to make sure you dont crush your hands in tight spots