Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

New Built (Tight Budget)

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 22, 2012 1:29:49 PM

I'm going to built a decent PC, with a tight budget. Is it possible to play GTA IV, Sims 3, NBA2K12 with this kind of built? I don't care if I can only play in medium settings, as long as it is playable. I also wanna know if all the parts are compatible.


Processor:
Intel Pentium G630 $63

Graphics Card:
PowerColor HD7750 $112
or
Inno3D GTX 550 Ti $116

Motherboard:
Asrock H61M-DGS H61 $56

Ram:
Corsair 4GB Ddr3 $20
-----------------
$255

Note: I already have a monitor, PC Casing, PSU, O.S, DVD Drive and other Peripherals.

with only $255, is it possible to play the games I like? or if I get the i3-2120, will it help to improve the gaming performance? Because I consider the Pentium G630 so that it can save me some money. Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks :)  .

More about : built tight budget

August 22, 2012 2:50:02 PM

The 550 ti is cheaper than that 7750, and performs better. Take a look at this:

$500 Budget Rig
m
0
l
Related resources
August 22, 2012 2:57:32 PM

I just built a rig last week that's VERY close to DarkOutlaw's specs. Only difference is that I went with a slightly cheaper Roswill case and got an MSI 7770 GPU. Plays D3 like a dream @ 1080p. If you can't swing for the i3, the Pentiums have proven to be adequate gaming CPUs.

ADDED: You got to send in for a rebate, but it's a good step up from the 7750:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
August 22, 2012 3:32:22 PM

doct3rphil said:
I would hiighly recommend to do something like this instead for your monitor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

You'll need a power supply, maybe a dvd drive

You're mobo, cpu, and ram are good



Well, thanks for your suggestions. By the way, I don't know much about Acer, but do they make good monitors? :)  . Will it last for years?
m
0
l
August 22, 2012 3:36:00 PM

DarkOutlaw said:
The 550 ti is cheaper than that 7750, and performs better. Take a look at this:

$500 Budget Rig



I've look for reviews and I found out that your're right about the 550 ti performs better than 7750, but I got questions. What's the difference between EVGA, Inno3D and Palit? I found out that EVGA is more expensive than Inno3D and Palit but all of them are GTX 550 ti?
m
0
l
August 22, 2012 3:44:25 PM

SinisterSalad said:
I just built a rig last week that's VERY close to DarkOutlaw's specs. Only difference is that I went with a slightly cheaper Roswill case and got an MSI 7770 GPU. Plays D3 like a dream @ 1080p. If you can't swing for the i3, the Pentiums have proven to be adequate gaming CPUs.

ADDED: You got to send in for a rebate, but it's a good step up from the 7750:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...



Thanks for your suggestion :)  .

I see. Hmm. I have a question, for example, if i will buy an i3-2120 instead of Pentium G630, will it improve my gaming performance? or the gaming performance will rely on the graphics card?. Sinister, i might buy the gtx 550 ti.
m
0
l
August 22, 2012 4:34:22 PM

What parts you should get depends on your budget.

What is your budget and what parts besides the actual computer do you need (e.g. monitor, Windows, peripherals)?
m
0
l
August 22, 2012 4:48:23 PM

hapkido said:
What parts you should get depends on your budget.

What is your budget and what parts besides the actual computer do you need (e.g. monitor, Windows, peripherals)?



$350 - $400. Beside the actual computer, I need Monitor. Other peripherals and O.S, I already owned one.
m
0
l
August 22, 2012 6:23:50 PM

hardasrock said:
$350 - $400. Beside the actual computer, I need Monitor. Other peripherals and O.S, I already owned one.


I'll try to price one out. i3 and/or 550ti are probably out of the question, but I think an ok machine is doable.
m
0
l
August 22, 2012 7:07:50 PM

It turns out $400 with a monitor is unrealistic. This is the best I can do.

CPU: Intel Celeron G540 $52.99
Mobo: ASRock H61M-DGS $44.99 (before $6.98 shipping)
RAM: Pareema 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 $21.89
GPU: HIS Radeon HD 7750 $104.99 (before $10 MIR)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 750GB 7200 RPM $59.99
DVD: LG DVD Burner $16.99 (before $4.99 shipping -- Free Shipping w/ promo code EMCNBHJ73, ends 8/22)
Case + PSU: Rosewill RANGER-M + Rosewill RD400-2-DB 400W $54.99 (before $2.99 shipping -- $15 off w/ promo code EMCNBHJ83, ends 8/22
Monitor: Hanns-G HL193ABB 18.5" 1366 x 768 $79.99

Total: $451.79 (after $14.96 shipping, before $10 MIR, before $19.99 promo codes)

If you take advantage of the promo codes today, the shipping price is $431.80. I could save you an extra $3 on the CPU and maybe $25 on the GPU by picking bare-minimum parts, but I wouldn't recommend it. This is the absolute cheapest PC I'd consider reasonably capable of playing games at enjoyable framerates. If this is too much, you're probably better off waiting.
m
0
l
August 23, 2012 10:39:16 AM

hapkido said:
It turns out $400 with a monitor is unrealistic. This is the best I can do.

CPU: Intel Celeron G540 $52.99
Mobo: ASRock H61M-DGS $44.99 (before $6.98 shipping)
RAM: Pareema 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 $21.89
GPU: HIS Radeon HD 7750 $104.99 (before $10 MIR)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 750GB 7200 RPM $59.99
DVD: LG DVD Burner $16.99 (before $4.99 shipping -- Free Shipping w/ promo code EMCNBHJ73, ends 8/22)
Case + PSU: Rosewill RANGER-M + Rosewill RD400-2-DB 400W $54.99 (before $2.99 shipping -- $15 off w/ promo code EMCNBHJ83, ends 8/22
Monitor: Hanns-G HL193ABB 18.5" 1366 x 768 $79.99

Total: $451.79 (after $14.96 shipping, before $10 MIR, before $19.99 promo codes)

If you take advantage of the promo codes today, the shipping price is $431.80. I could save you an extra $3 on the CPU and maybe $25 on the GPU by picking bare-minimum parts, but I wouldn't recommend it. This is the absolute cheapest PC I'd consider reasonably capable of playing games at enjoyable framerates. If this is too much, you're probably better off waiting.



Well, it seems that I doesn't need a monitor and PC casing, someone gave me. By the way, I already have an HDD, PSU and DVD Drive. What I need as of now is a Processor, GPU, Ram and Mobo. What do you think, should I consider getting an i3 2120? or Pentium G630? and I searched the google that gtx 550 ti performs better than 7750.
m
0
l
August 23, 2012 4:09:58 PM

hardasrock said:
Well, it seems that I doesn't need a monitor and PC casing, someone gave me. By the way, I already have an HDD, PSU and DVD Drive. What I need as of now is a Processor, GPU, Ram and Mobo. What do you think, should I consider getting an i3 2120? or Pentium G630? and I searched the google that gtx 550 ti performs better than 7750.


I wouldn't reuse the PSU. It's cool you can reuse the other parts, though. I'll come up with a revised list in a bit.
m
0
l

Best solution

August 23, 2012 6:43:44 PM

CPU: Intel Core i3-2120 $124.99
Mobo: ASRock H61M-DGS $44.99 (before $6.98 shipping)
RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Essentials 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1333 $38.99
GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 $149.99 (before $15 mail-in-rebate)
PSU: Antec EarthWatts Green 380W 80 PLUS BRONZE $36.99 (before 15% off w/ promo code EMCNBHG22 , ends 8/29)

Subtotal: $395.95
Shipping: + $6.98
Promo: - $5.55

Total: $397.38 (before $15 mail-in-rebate)

If you're really, really looking to pinch pennies, you can step down to this Intel Pentium G630 or this Intel Pentium G860 and save $57 or $35, respectively, but since you have a $400 budget, I suggest the i3-2120.

This should be a pretty nice gaming setup.
Share
August 30, 2012 3:51:46 AM

Best answer selected by hardasrock.
m
0
l
August 30, 2012 3:52:04 AM

thank you hapkido :) 
m
0
l
!