Default printer

Is there any way to force the default printer assignment to apply to any/all
users of a specific workstation? It appears to me that this assignment is
unique to each user of the specific workstation. I would like to force the
default to apply to all users of this workstation. Can the default be forced
by a network administrator?

Thanks,

Gerry Goldberg
1 answer Last reply
More about default printer

    This logon script maps drives and installs printers and makes a printer the default. Fill it in with your own info.

    On Error Resume Next
    Set WshNetwork = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network")
    strDriveHarasty = "Z:"
    strDriveMorestaff = "Y:"

    WshNetwork.MapNetworkDrive strDriveHarasty, "\\Server5\Share"
    ReportErrors "Mapping Drive."
    WshNetwork.MapNetworkDrive strDriveMorestaff, "\\Server5\Share"
    ReportErrors "Mapping Drive."

    WshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\davidcan\HP Laser Jet 6L"
    ReportErrors "Adding Printer."
    WshNetwork.SetDefaultPrinter "\\h8\HP Laser Jet 6L"
    ReportErrors "Setting Default Printer."

    "Gerry Goldberg" <ggoldberg@mchs.com> wrote in message news:e9jmFtAeFHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > Is there any way to force the default printer assignment to apply to any/all
    > users of a specific workstation? It appears to me that this assignment is
    > unique to each user of the specific workstation. I would like to force the
    > default to apply to all users of this workstation. Can the default be forced
    > by a network administrator?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Gerry Goldberg

Configuration Default Workstations Customization Printers Windows XP