Default printer

June 23, 2005 3:50:20 PM

Is there any way to force the default printer assignment to apply to any/all
users of a specific workstation? It appears to me that this assignment is
unique to each user of the specific workstation. I would like to force the
default to apply to all users of this workstation. Can the default be forced
by a network administrator?

Thanks,

Gerry Goldberg

More about : default printer

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 1:22:43 PM

This logon script maps drives and installs printers and makes a printer the default. Fill it in with your own info.

On Error Resume Next
Set WshNetwork = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network")
strDriveHarasty = "Z:"
strDriveMorestaff = "Y:"

WshNetwork.MapNetworkDrive strDriveHarasty, "\\Server5\Share"
ReportErrors "Mapping Drive."
WshNetwork.MapNetworkDrive strDriveMorestaff, "\\Server5\Share"
ReportErrors "Mapping Drive."

WshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\davidcan\HP Laser Jet 6L"
ReportErrors "Adding Printer."
WshNetwork.SetDefaultPrinter "\\h8\HP Laser Jet 6L"
ReportErrors "Setting Default Printer."

!