Druid QUestion part 2 .

We can Nuke? What level?
6 answers Last reply
More about druid question part

    The standard cookie cutter build is most in Restore and some in Feral,
    mostly the bear related ones, by the time you hit 60. Personally, I've
    got a 0/20/31 build.

    However, I'd recommend going Balance until level 41, and then re-spec
    to Feral/Restore to pick up Feral Charge and Nature's Swiftness. From
    there, plan your road map to Innervate and Faerie Fire (Bear).

    A case can be made for 20/0/31 if you want to be able to nuke and heal
    and not go feral very often. In theory, a 30/0/21 build could work,
    too, if you felt you could give up Innervate. Personally, I like having
    the reserve tank of Mana.

    Regards,
    Noal

    Noal McDonald wrote:
    > The standard cookie cutter build is most in Restore and some in Feral,
    > mostly the bear related ones, by the time you hit 60. Personally, I've
    > got a 0/20/31 build.
    >
    > However, I'd recommend going Balance until level 41, and then re-spec
    > to Feral/Restore to pick up Feral Charge and Nature's Swiftness. From
    > there, plan your road map to Innervate and Faerie Fire (Bear).

    I started out putting a lot into balance and a tiny amount into
    restoration, but by the time I was 20th level it was clear that
    I was getting enough good teams that it was more important for
    me to be an effective healer, so I dropped all my balance and
    respec'd to 100% restoration. Balance is definitely the stronger
    solo build but as a druid you're going to be able to serve as a
    primary group healer, and in many cases that's popular enough
    that there are plenty of warriors and mages and rogues who will
    be happy to slaughter your enemies while you keep them buffed
    and healed.

    > A case can be made for 20/0/31 if you want to be able to nuke and heal
    > and not go feral very often. In theory, a 30/0/21 build could work,
    > too, if you felt you could give up Innervate. Personally, I like having
    > the reserve tank of Mana.

    Eventually when I fill up my restoration talents I suspect I'll
    start feral instead of balance - in my view there's better chance
    for employment as a bear/tank than there is as a moonfire
    blaster, but bear in mind that that's partly based on my
    total lack of interest in one on one PvP. I'm optimizing to
    be a better PvE team player, and trading PvP edge to get it.

    --
    Nathan Engle Computer Support, IUB Psych Dept
    nengle@indiana.edu http://mypage.iu.edu/~nengle

    "Stinger" <dwa14@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > We can Nuke? What level?

    Nuke = Ranged magical damage.
    Starfire, Moonfire, Wrath.

    Chris

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (60) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

    Got it

    you guys are really good in answering questions.. for all you druids out
    there that made mistakes. tell me.. what should i put my talens in?
    Balance. Resto or animal?? i want to be able to heal good and also be able
    to hold my own
    Thanksssssss

    Stinger wrote:
    > Got it
    >
    > you guys are really good in answering questions.. for all you druids out
    > there that made mistakes. tell me.. what should i put my talens in?
    > Balance. Resto or animal?? i want to be able to heal good and also be able
    > to hold my own
    > Thanksssssss

    I don't have the exact point allocations for my original leveling
    build(went Restoration at 45), but I basically allocated a bit to all.
    Reduced costs and aggro for healing, increased range and reduced cast
    time for nukes, and lowered the costs and upped the crit percentages on
    my feral attacks.

    This allowed me to party effectively as a healer and have a better heal
    if a nuke session went wrong. It also gave me the ability to simply
    trade shots with enemies mages of level +2(the instant heal really
    helps inbetween Wrath and Moonfires) or lower and come out at no less
    than half health as well as have a good opening salvo against Melee:
    Starfire, Moonfire, Wrath at max ranges, Rejuv(heal over time
    effectively negates their first few hits) and bear form by the time
    they get to me*. Lastly, the increased crits and lowered costs of
    special attacks made Bear form more effective DPS-wise. I haven't found
    catform to be really effective even with the extra crits and other
    feral talents except for sneaking or farming -10 and lower mobs.

    *Works best if you have them mapped to sequential keys... like say
    2,3,4,5 and your mouse over the bearform button. And INT/STA gear for
    mana and HP.

    --
    Regards,
    J.D. Spangler

    my build is a 15/0/36 (or so).
    i have all resto talents beside the feral ones (i think more rage when
    switching to bear or faster switching or so?!?) and the lesser aggro
    talents (they r for nothing).
    on balance tree i wanna have the faster wrath and improved roots. like
    this i can easily solo the 61 elite stone guards in un'goro, cause as
    they r melee, i can root them and then wratch / starfire / moonfire
    them. (without getting a single hit).
    BUT: i was balance specced till lvl 60. i would personally do it like
    resto to lvl 15 (5 points on Mark of the wild (MOTW)) then balance to
    46 (to get hurricane), then feral to 60. then i would respec to my
    build. because: at lower lvl u need to solo much but arent a good tank,
    so balance is best. then with lvl 45 or so u start getting nice equip
    to fight as bear and ur downtime cause of no mana is big when u use
    balance. at lvl 60 (when u wanna raid instances) ur "used" as healing
    bot with a bit backup. so resto is most important. (i wouldnt invite a
    druid to raid that cant innervate). there r only the mentioned above
    talents in resto tree that r for nothing, so i put all talants in resto
    beside those. the rest is free to u. i like balance more cause there is
    more use (IMO) in BGs (root fleeing flag carrier, Moonfire on AV). i
    dont solo at lvl 60 much so the feral talents have no use for me...

Warcraft Games Video Games