Druid QUestion part 2 .

The standard cookie cutter build is most in Restore and some in Feral,
mostly the bear related ones, by the time you hit 60. Personally, I've
got a 0/20/31 build.

However, I'd recommend going Balance until level 41, and then re-spec
to Feral/Restore to pick up Feral Charge and Nature's Swiftness. From
there, plan your road map to Innervate and Faerie Fire (Bear).

A case can be made for 20/0/31 if you want to be able to nuke and heal
and not go feral very often. In theory, a 30/0/21 build could work,
too, if you felt you could give up Innervate. Personally, I like having
the reserve tank of Mana.

Regards,
Noal

Noal McDonald wrote:
> The standard cookie cutter build is most in Restore and some in Feral,
> mostly the bear related ones, by the time you hit 60. Personally, I've
> got a 0/20/31 build.
>
> However, I'd recommend going Balance until level 41, and then re-spec
> to Feral/Restore to pick up Feral Charge and Nature's Swiftness. From
> there, plan your road map to Innervate and Faerie Fire (Bear).

I started out putting a lot into balance and a tiny amount into
restoration, but by the time I was 20th level it was clear that
I was getting enough good teams that it was more important for
me to be an effective healer, so I dropped all my balance and
respec'd to 100% restoration. Balance is definitely the stronger
solo build but as a druid you're going to be able to serve as a
primary group healer, and in many cases that's popular enough
that there are plenty of warriors and mages and rogues who will
be happy to slaughter your enemies while you keep them buffed
and healed.

> A case can be made for 20/0/31 if you want to be able to nuke and heal
> and not go feral very often. In theory, a 30/0/21 build could work,
> too, if you felt you could give up Innervate. Personally, I like having
> the reserve tank of Mana.

Eventually when I fill up my restoration talents I suspect I'll
start feral instead of balance - in my view there's better chance
for employment as a bear/tank than there is as a moonfire
blaster, but bear in mind that that's partly based on my
total lack of interest in one on one PvP. I'm optimizing to
be a better PvE team player, and trading PvP edge to get it.

--
Nathan Engle Computer Support, IUB Psych Dept
nengle@indiana.edu http://mypage.iu.edu/~nengle

"Stinger" <dwa14@yahoo.com> wrote:

> We can Nuke? What level?

Nuke = Ranged magical damage.
Starfire, Moonfire, Wrath.

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (60) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

Stinger

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Got it

you guys are really good in answering questions.. for all you druids out
there that made mistakes. tell me.. what should i put my talens in?
Balance. Resto or animal?? i want to be able to heal good and also be able
to hold my own
Thanksssssss

Stinger wrote:
> Got it
>
> you guys are really good in answering questions.. for all you druids out
> there that made mistakes. tell me.. what should i put my talens in?
> Balance. Resto or animal?? i want to be able to heal good and also be able
> to hold my own
> Thanksssssss

I don't have the exact point allocations for my original leveling
build(went Restoration at 45), but I basically allocated a bit to all.
Reduced costs and aggro for healing, increased range and reduced cast
time for nukes, and lowered the costs and upped the crit percentages on
my feral attacks.

This allowed me to party effectively as a healer and have a better heal
if a nuke session went wrong. It also gave me the ability to simply
trade shots with enemies mages of level +2(the instant heal really
helps inbetween Wrath and Moonfires) or lower and come out at no less
than half health as well as have a good opening salvo against Melee:
Starfire, Moonfire, Wrath at max ranges, Rejuv(heal over time
effectively negates their first few hits) and bear form by the time
they get to me*. Lastly, the increased crits and lowered costs of
special attacks made Bear form more effective DPS-wise. I haven't found
catform to be really effective even with the extra crits and other
feral talents except for sneaking or farming -10 and lower mobs.

*Works best if you have them mapped to sequential keys... like say
2,3,4,5 and your mouse over the bearform button. And INT/STA gear for
mana and HP.

--
Regards,
J.D. Spangler

my build is a 15/0/36 (or so).
i have all resto talents beside the feral ones (i think more rage when
switching to bear or faster switching or so?!?) and the lesser aggro
talents (they r for nothing).
on balance tree i wanna have the faster wrath and improved roots. like
this i can easily solo the 61 elite stone guards in un'goro, cause as
they r melee, i can root them and then wratch / starfire / moonfire
them. (without getting a single hit).
BUT: i was balance specced till lvl 60. i would personally do it like
resto to lvl 15 (5 points on Mark of the wild (MOTW)) then balance to
46 (to get hurricane), then feral to 60. then i would respec to my
build. because: at lower lvl u need to solo much but arent a good tank,
so balance is best. then with lvl 45 or so u start getting nice equip
to fight as bear and ur downtime cause of no mana is big when u use
balance. at lvl 60 (when u wanna raid instances) ur "used" as healing
bot with a bit backup. so resto is most important. (i wouldnt invite a
druid to raid that cant innervate). there r only the mentioned above
talents in resto tree that r for nothing, so i put all talants in resto
beside those. the rest is free to u. i like balance more cause there is
more use (IMO) in BGs (root fleeing flag carrier, Moonfire on AV). i
dont solo at lvl 60 much so the feral talents have no use for me...